Zvezda T-34/76, 1/35th.

I bought this cheap at a closing down sale of a model shop near work (farewell F & S Scale Models 😞 ). A pretty basic kit with a low parts count, the tracks were horrendous so I replaced them with Mini Art ones. They're meant to be workable but I ended up gluing them into link & length. Instructions say 36 A type & 36 B type per side but I ended up with an odd number which meant I had to cut 2 A types in half & join them together. Doesn't take an eagle eye to see where. Had a go at the splatter technique with the weathering - might have overdone it! The figure is from Evolution.

Any comments, criticisms or observations welcome.

Pete

0f96c149-83a4-4798-8c2d-cdb06196c728.jpg

eb064ed6-acd3-4a7e-9711-087d612d9083.jpg

0b77ffdd-02c3-4087-8889-b19c96e9f3b8.jpg

a2cb0f70-4f1e-4532-99d9-898804119868.jpg

b43a9bf8-1799-4c68-96b4-5fd384765742.jpg

30782716-5d30-48d0-b8ce-a9f1fbaca508.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 15

It is always a shame to hear how a traditional store closes, but if we are attentive and have money at that moment, we have a stash insured for years ...
This T34 is my favorite variant, I have to get one, but as you say, the Zvezda kit is very basic, and the tracks are undoubtedly a bad detail, you have to change them for sure ... as I did with my Zvezda T34 also.
The model has been very good, and the figure seems very well finished, but the photos (except the last), has a yellowish tone, which prevents appreciate how is the real color, perhaps the white balance was not appropriate. ..:goodjob:

Cheers mate 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

It is always a shame to hear how a traditional store closes, but if we are attentive and have money at that moment, we have a stash insured for years ...
This T34 is my favorite variant, I have to get one, but as you say, the Zvezda kit is very basic, and the tracks are undoubtedly a bad detail, you have to change them for sure ... as I did with my Zvezda T34 also.
The model has been very good, and the figure seems very well finished, but the photos (except the last), has a yellowish tone, which prevents appreciate how is the real color, perhaps the white balance was not appropriate. ..:goodjob:

Cheers mate 👍

Thanks Francis,

You're right about the pictures, I need to get to grips with my new camera - retirement present to myself!

afa48f58-4830-4e09-bab9-9e4b2797a068.jpg

f6d5bd2f-e487-4368-84a8-b010d07470ae.jpg

I dunno, looks like you can make a silk purse and a sow's ear and all that as it turned out pretty darn good.

Like that muddy splatter weathering, must have been a sloppy spring wherever.

The tracks look ok to me too, I've certainly done worse.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

Hi Buzby,

The T-34 looked nice in the first bunch of 'tinted' photos, but even better in the white-light photos.

It may be a 'poor' kit, but you've done a grand job. The spatter is widespread, but not OTT.  Have you seen the muck these things had to charge through? 🙂

The figure looks great as well

If you ever build another T-34, consider getting AM tracks. T-34's really  'leap off the page' when they have them.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1