Fokker E.II (Airfix 1/72)

Superb.  A real beauty.  The galvanised cowling affect is probably the best I've ever seen.  As I have the Eduard kit in the stash I shall be checking out your WIP to see how you achieved it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pheonix said:

Super build and the engine cowling is most realistic - and difficult to achieve! I do hope that you build a sceond one of these - perhaps in a different colour scheme.

P

Thanks mate. I'm not planning to build another one in the near future.

So many kits to build, not enough time!

intricate and very delicate work there - I really don't know how you can rig in that scale - you must have eyes the size of footballs to see what you are doing

I have always believed that any 1/72 WWI plane builder must posses some dark art skill when it comes down to the rigging.

what a stunning model

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

That is very sweet...  The cowling, blade and really everything is spot on....   Oh I bet that rigging tried your patience to the limit...

Did you do a bit of the rigging and come back to it a day or so later?  

Spot on mate! I did the landing gear struts in one day, second day I did the ruder controls and bottom wing and finished up on the third day. No hassle at all

22 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

intricate and very delicate work there - I really don't know how you can rig in that scale - you must have eyes the size of footballs to see what you are doing

I have always believed that any 1/72 WWI plane builder must posses some dark art skill when it comes down to the rigging.

what a stunning model

I have to use reading glasses +3 and works fine for me cheers

7 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Really nice build. As everyone is saying I don't know how you do that rigging so small. I have the 1/48 and I'm nervous about doing that. The cowelling is so good it hurts. 

LOL! Calm doen. The rigging was easier than it sounded. EZ Line, CA Glue and CA accelerator 

Cheers

I didn't find rigging easy at all. I destroyed two nice builds at the rigging stage. I also used  accelerator, but it turned the CA white and powdery. I did find that Zap-a-gap CA worked better in the end. By that time it was too late. You seem to have the technic well in hand.

• Like 1