US Coast Guard HUS-1G (later H-34G) Fuel Tank

Cavalcante

Hello, Could anyone help me with information (drawings or pictures) of the external tank holder of the HUS-1G (later designation H-34G)?

I need detailed information so I can do this support on a model.

h34_3.jpg

hus-1a_uh-34e.jpg

Thank you very much!

Daniel

The most useful photo I saw on the web is here https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/h-34/h-34_walk.shtml

Also a nice drawing of this pylon is available in squadron/signal in action series book on H-34.

Tank itself is pretty standard - true. I personally got a resin tank destined for H-37 - it's the same. 

Edited by Dennis_C

Had Schiffer's Sikorsky H-34 An Illustrated History by Lennart Lundh delivered today which merely describes the tank as being an external 150 gallon auxiliary drop tank carried on the port side and as other respondents have mentioned photographs seem to show a generic style of tank carried by various late-war/1950s USN/USMC propellor  fighter/attack aircraft including the Skyraider as well as other contemporary types such the HU-16 and CH-37.

The book does mention that the US Army experimented with carrying various types of tank on both sides of an H-34 in April 1961 but the limited increase in range of an added tank on the starboard side versus the difficulty created in using the cabin troop door made it impractical.

The US Army at least considered the mount itself to be excessively complicated and there are two close up photographs in the book which maybe best describe it as two tubular A frames secured above the cabin windows and to the lower fuselage with a stores release unit braced where they meet from which the tank is suspended , flexible fuel piping and relevant wiring connects with the top side of the tank towards the rear of the release unit and feeds down into the aircraft on the lower fuselage /underside join.