TuAF Spitfire Vb Trop *Completed*

Brad

Turkey flew quite a few Spitfires, during and post WW2. When their MK V's were withdrawn from front line duties and replaced with Thunderbolts and later model Spitfires, some Mk V's found their way to the Turkish Central Flying School, or Hava Okulu from about 1948 onwards.

I'll be using the Tamiya kit with decals from Blackbird Models.

rOrnyKt.jpg?1

Edited by Brad
  • Like 8

The wings are a nice tight fit.

pq9a2SC.jpg?1

....and here's where I screw up a Tamiya kit. The peg holding the wing level to the fuselage slipped during the night and pushed the wing inset into the fuselage. You can see here I have had to run a knife along the edge and pop it out, otherwise I'd have been left with a huge step. Fortunately my ineptitude in clamping was only out done by my ineptitude in gluing it together as it popped out pretty easy.

A little super glue and rescribing should fix this.

7wXx0fl.jpg

• Like 2

Canopy masking and gluing is a little fiddly, but I think I got it all lined up. Green has also been painted first over it.

56onjtp.jpg

Prop and spinner finished and some Azure blue applied to the bottom. Instructions say "sky" but the profile is clearly blue, so I went with the blue I had.

SxG9cGN.jpg?1

• Like 1

More paint. Masked up and sprayed the middle stone this morning.

Rs55yeK.jpg

With the weather hitting 38C today, the paint was rock hard by this evening, so I masked up and sprayed the dark earth.

LyplkfV.jpg?1

bW9AHKy.jpg?1

Qv9q95c.jpg?1

• Like 5

Nearly there. Gloss and decals are on. The BlackBird decals go down nicely. Just working on the wash today, which is drying nice and quickly in the heat.

VBcEz90.jpg?1

oC5Z6LB.jpg?1

• Like 1

• 1 month later...