Fouga Magister CM.175 Zéphyr 1/72 Special Hobby kit "Finished"

Ettore

Hello People !

Here, my kit for this GB:

A Fouga Magister CM 175 Zéphyr, utilized for French carriers training landing

s/n 11, Escadrille 59s  BAN Hyères, France late 1970s until 1994. Fouga Zéphyr performed over 5000carriers landings on deck of Clemenceau, Foch and Arromanches during the service which lasted from 1959 until their retirementretired 1959  ( fron Special Hobby notices).

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

Ettore  🇫🇷  :bye:

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 12

I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together Ettore. Do like seeing the Aeronavale roundel on aircraft and this will be a colourful one.

Yes, it's true! It is necessary to do it very calmly and to construct some small pieces that easily break, the belts not present will be taken by a  French  D.H. Vampire.

Ettore :bye:🇫🇷

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Goodmornig to All

Finally I start this GB

- First step I had separate the cockpit pieces and I added some electrical cables behind control panels

- Later,  I sprayed black, H77 Gunze,  and glossy white only on oxigen bombs

This afternoon I hope to do a light grey dry brushing into the cockpit; I have also prepared, with a gray primer, the area of the engine and exhaust vents; these will have two shades of metallic color ......... but unfortunately you will not see anything from the outside 👀

Ok for this morning is all, the shower aspect me !

Ettore :bye:

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 4

Nice start Ettore,

I have one of these and several of the Magister's, I picked up these Model Art decals for mine which will offer some variation on the kit schemes - I guess I'll have to buy a couple more kits to use up all of the options!

Something is nagging at me about the colour of the seats, at the back of my head there's a nagging doubt that says they should be a brown resin colour with black leather back pads, I'll have to dig out the Mushroom book on the Magister to check.

Keep up the good work.

Hello Wez

You're right, because one of my old photofiles of a Fouga Magister CM 170,and not 175, had the seats as you say: dark bakelite color structure and black padding, but another airplane seen by me in Italy had black seats and padding. A French modeller in the Wing Master magazine made them black with reddish brown padding, and this is not wrong; so as you can see, you're not wrong if you choose between these three combinations

Ettore :hmmm:..................:bye:

37 minutes ago, Ettore said:

Hello Wez

You're right, because one of my old photofiles of a Fouga Magister CM 170,and not 175, had the seats as you say: dark bakelite color structure and black padding, but another airplane seen by me in Italy had black seats and padding. A French modeller in the Wing Master magazine made them black with reddish brown padding, and this is not wrong; so as you can see, you're not wrong if you choose between these three combinations

Ettore :hmmm:..................:bye:

Good to know, thanks for replying, it saves me digging the book out (I haven't got a clue where to begin looking TBH).

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be back soon guys, I've been visiting my mother in Sicily, and many more work commitments ............ but don't abandon the Fouga Magister

Ettore 😎

Edited by Ettore

Hello to All

Some little steps

- I have slightly improved the side walls of the cockpit, just the bare minimum: some hydraulic pipes, some electric cables, internal lights and a lever that is placed in front of control panel, this area is all black with gray drybrushing. The engines areas are in aluminum at the front and gun metal in the back, same thing for the inner covers

- Here the cockpit: I just added hydraulic pipes, seat belts and painted buttons and switches; I'm not very happy of  result, but I can assure you that as a short run it is annoying to set up and detail

Se you soon

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hello !

After the fuselages were closed, I realized that this kit will not be a walk, but a bloodbath 😡
I made a first very soft general filling.

I'll have much work on the front nose and  on engines air scoops.

here a general view with the wings mounted and then a slight detail in the wheel bay with some hydraulic cables

At next !

• Like 6

Uh oh. This one will take a bit of work indeed and all made the more essential by the silver finish. I'm sure you'll get it sorted though Ettore.

I hope Col, I hope........

For rear stabilizers, I started with an X2 glossy white Tamiya on the zone orange, I could use also a matt white, but the first on workbench was glossy, after some hours I sprayed an orange self made: A X-6 mixed with X-7 Tamiya, the result seems quite satisfactory

Wheels bays are in Tan

I repeated same orange procedure for the nose, note the white back, only that !

Take a nice Sunday

• Like 5

Some nice internal detail in this kit and the extra you added in the cockpit makes it look very busy - I like it :thumbsup:

Looks like a lot of work got into the airframe assembly, resulting in a very neat model.

Cheers, Peter

Goodmorning Modellers !

I finally sprayed aluminum, an AK brand (two sessions separated by an half  hour); after 2 days of drying I glued the tail to 110 degrees of angle, and at the same time I sprayed white aluminum on the air brake areas .... in these photos you don't see much. I hope this weekend to give color with brush brush on some spots of white, and pick up the tan of the whells bays.

The way to the end is still very long

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello people

Here the kit finished

Obviously I apologize to you for not showing other photos of the building, but the little time led me to glue and paint a few pieces at a time, the important thing is that I finished it in time

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

See you at the next GB

• Like 11

Wow Ettore!  What a cracking job you've done with that, I'm mightily impressed with the end result and I'm glad I followed this thread.

Once I've got some free time I'm definitely doing one of these with the help of the Model Art decal set I have.