S15 Silvia

Ian

First Aoshima kit, and loved it ! - no hassle, just a wee bit of flash in the window openings. This is the Vertex boxing which means the deep skirts and front & rear dams are pre-molded on to the body so you can go straight to clean-up & prime with no delays.

5bKwOW1.jpg

e8QEF75.jpg

rdi9LUf.jpg

yiYdsRP.jpg

niVensK.jpg

Yl4jETx.jpg

Colour is two coats of Tamiya TS24 Purple followed by two coats each of TS65 Pearl Clear and TS13 Clear. All cut & polished with Tamiya three-part compounds. Wheels & Tyres are Aoshima too, but after-market 18" WedSport SA70's which I de-chromed and re-painted. Other than that what you see here is what came in the box. Very quick build and looks great on my JDM shelf. Please feel free to make any comment, ask any questions or hurl any criticism.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 4

Nice kit. I like the purple, but have to ask since I have the pearl clear as well and thought of using it in the future. But now I'm not so sure... is it just the lighting that makes the "specks" so visible? They seem a bit out of scale. 

• Thanks 1

Very nice indeed Ian, like the colour!

But I have the same thoughts as Jeroen (& a can of Tamiya pearl clear to use too!) - have to say it looks more like full size car metallic?

Whatever, another very cleanly done build!

Keith

• Thanks 1

No it is the lighting... the flakes are minuscule, in the real world you can barely see them. And because I used two coats of Pearl Clear, I would, next time use just one, to make the effect even more restrained.

Ian. 

• Like 2

Looks good, and I would expect the purple to stand out on the shelf even without the pearl.

From a selfish point of view, I have to say that I am very pleased to hear you praised Aoshima kits as I have my first one sitting in the stash scheduled for later this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1