Early Super-Caravelle Drawings

goalieboy82

was looking at the book yesterday:

51YQpFHUifL._SX386_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

and they had a few early drawings of the Super-Caravelle (which was the normal Caravelle with different wings and engines).  would anyone happen to have any drawing of those (or know who does).  i am going to make my own version (out of lego*).

i have this already drawn (of the normal Caravelle)

893749.png

Edited by goalieboy82

Sud Aviation had a Supersonic so BAC Concord (no E) like the eventually came together . The Sud Aviation "Concord was  called the Super Caravelle although there was already an SE210 Super Caravelle 10A and 10B . Longer fuse and a different, larger wing and some other added fairings , higher cabin windows, Fowler Flaps ,new elec system . Different Kettle of Fish really .There was a picture of a model of the Supersonic Carravelle in the 1965 Hippo Book of Airliners .

Edited by bzn20

Nice Super Caravelle modifications recap, bzn20. I think type 10 also had larger horizontal tail span. About Super Caravelle (subsonic variety) SE 210 Caravelle type 10 A with aft-fan GE engines, modified Caravelle VI R, was renamed Caravelle Super A for a period of time. Type 10 B3 went through succession of names, ending with Super Caravelle. Manufacturer Sud Aviation never named Types 10 B1 and 11 R Super Caravelle and the only type that incorporated both longer fuselage and new wings was type 12. This type carried the name Super Caravelle, among several others, on engine cowlings in service with Sterling and this airline also used name Super Caravelle liberally on other, earlier types.

goalieboy82, there are two photos of two different maquettes of Super Caravelle (the supersonic variety) in excellent John Wegg's book Caravelle, published by Airways, but unfortunately no drawings. Cheers

Jure