HP 0/400 dumb question

ARHinVA

Question regarding the Handley Page O/400 (or is it 0/400?) - what is the proper pronunciation of this (other than "Bloody Paralyzer")?  Oh-four-hundred? Oh-slash-four-hundred? Zero-Four-hundred?

I am looking forward to the new Wingnut Wings kit & don't want to look like an ignoramus when discussing it!

For anyone interested in the O/400 it's probably worth mentioning this here. There is a free ebook available by Christine and Philip Hunt called "Handley Page O/400 Night Bomber Pilot" which has a lot of background info on the Independent Air Force. Well worth a look see if the O/400 tickles your fancy and you want something to get you in the mood for the WnW release.

https://books2read.com/b/NightBomberPilot

For those modelers who do not have the space for a 1/32nd scale HP O/400, Copper State Models will soon produce a 1/48th scale version.  Lone Star Models currently has a 1/48 Felixstowe F.2a flying boat kit.

CSM stated when they announced the HP that pre-orders would begin in Dec. but there has been no word since, on their website, FB page or anywhere else I'm aware of. Is it still in the works?

Jim F

This is great news from Copper State as I am seriously tempted by their O/400 - but was waiting to see the price.   I have the LSM flexstone and honestly it scares me just looking in the box.   I am certain it will make into a stunning model but I am not sure if I have what it takes to do it right.  I guess you never know until you start cutting, sanding and gluing things together.