RAF Camo Jag

Someone pointed out a while ago that my collection of 1/48 jets didn’t include a camo Jag.  So one eBay already part built Airfix Jag later, stripped it back down, resin seat and an Xtradecal set, this is how she turned out

-SioG0auExehqY_1IiEKFhX0QK9q8w4D0XAGnxti

6ghNhDpGAmroVV5k1P5-DJKwr_NkpQEmkUpnOfxU

P-SDEd6mH0y3FJpYj7ApR-5u37O8pbdMultVMt3E

GafpQTpKPbK0skjy4KPCEdY8y0kbVOxTOMhGzZKT

Had to be Coltishall and she is just like a bigger version of the 1/72 kit I built as a kid.  Hope you like it

• Like 42

Cheers guys.  Was nice enough to build actually.  As RMP said a while back I must have got a straight one.  No pink ones planned @IrritableRabbit!  You might get a hint of what comes next in this pic of the Jag with the little inspiration from maybe 30 years ago

iSc_i4wT3wmVG2OTV_02KhiF5Cy6tG0oETRZc9QF

Edited by bar side
  • Like 3

Nice. I was very pleased to see the FGR2 re-released, would like to see the decal sheet, pretty familiar with the plastic.

What scheme to go with though...?

5 minutes ago, RMP2 said:

Nice. I was very pleased to see the FGR2 re-released, would like to see the decal sheet, pretty familiar with the plastic.

What scheme to go with though...?

56 Sqn red tail from the kit is tempting, but have these about too

73I1O4Zzmo6kd_Hu_8Jwqpb7b7pz5JUeKCOdY07m

Nice options to break up that grey.

I have one of the old Revells stashed with a fair bit of extra stuff including decals for a Falklands white tailed beast.

Get on it, it might give me a KUTA that is required.

Lovely Jag in a cracking scheme.  Got overflown by a few whilst on STAB exercises on STANTA.  You don't hear them until it's far too late to have done something about them.

Have 4 (yes count them, 4 - doh!) FGR2s in the stash, plus the odd FG1 and F-4J to be done as a (UK), so will watch your next build with interest and if I can get out of work more often, as I've done tonight ,try to join in!  Saying that there's 3 or 4 Airfix Jags under them in the pile so my 80's RAF modelling days need to get ramped up some I think.

From your Moniker, you're a Col U fan I assume?

5 minutes ago, Fatcawthorne said:

Lovely Jag in a cracking scheme.  Got overflown by a few whilst on STAB exercises on STANTA.  You don't hear them until it's far too late to have done something about them.

Have 4 (yes count them, 4 - doh!) FGR2s in the stash, plus the odd FG1 and F-4J to be done as a (UK), so will watch your next build with interest and if I can get out of work more often, as I've done tonight ,try to join in!  Saying that there's 3 or 4 Airfix Jags under them in the pile so my 80's RAF modelling days need to get ramped up some I think.

From your Moniker, you're a Col U fan I assume?

Got 4 Phantoms but only one FGR2 and one F-4J(UK) and a couple of US ones.  This one will make 5

8orDs_uSFuGhYNbbvlcleooNRP0FbBXEe-fJD94J

yep, used to be a Bar Side season ticket holder down at Layer Road, hence the moniker.  Try to make a game or two bu5 not that often these days.  Mind you might make the play offs

• Like 3

Just now, bar side said:

Got 4 Phantoms but only one FGR2 and one F-4J(UK) and a couple of US ones.  This one will make 5

Well those 4 look pretty good to me and are in a far more advanced state of build than the only one of mine that I've started, then left on the SoD for 5 years, then Mr Muscled losing loads of teeny tiny bits down the sink when rinsing the residue off.  It's sitting in primer at the moment and I've emailed Revell to see if they can help replace all the missing bits from the years of neglect.

1 minute ago, bar side said:

yep, used to be a Bar Side season ticket holder down at Layer Road, hence the moniker.  Try to make a game or two bu5 not that often these days.  Mind you might make the play offs

Loved the Bar Side, and miss Layer Road as the Community Stadium is like a morgue.  I used to supply Col U until they turned me over for a fair sum (just one person covering their back after making a mistake but I abhor liars!), so used to go a lot and took boxes, hospitality and pitch hire quite frequently - their loss.

Hope they do get promoted through the play-offs as a local derby with the Tractor Boys will be in the offing next season if so!

You moved away from Colly now?

Chris

13 minutes ago, Fatcawthorne said:

Loved the Bar Side, and miss Layer Road as the Community Stadium is like a morgue.  I used to supply Col U until they turned me over for a fair sum (just one person covering their back after making a mistake but I abhor liars!), so used to go a lot and took boxes, hospitality and pitch hire quite frequently - their loss.

Hope they do get promoted through the play-offs as a local derby with the Tractor Boys will be in the offing next season if so!

You moved away from Colly now?

Chris

Friday nights down the Bar Side, in the Drury before for a pint or two.  The ground was a tip, but it was fun.  Up in Suffolk now but still have friends with season tickets so head along from time to time.  Never going to be a tractor boys fan.  I was at Layer Road the Boxing Day after Burley left for Ipswich.  Somewhat colourful language!

Just now, bar side said:

Friday nights down the Bar Side, in the Drury before for a pint or two.  The ground was a tip, but it was fun.  Up in Suffolk now but still have friends with season tickets so head along from time to time.  Never going to be a tractor boys fan.  I was at Layer Road the Boxing Day after Burley left for Ipswich.  Somewhat colourful language!

Loved the Drury, my Saturday footy team used that pub as our base after home games at Shrub End.  Can't believe it's a Sainsburys Local now; what a waste.  Have to go to the Huntsman/Berechurch Arms now.

I loved the fact that at Layer Road, Marie Partner was the only Football League Chairman that had to use an outside loo!

Moved up to Colly 17 years ago when son #1 was born and we couldn't afford the jump to a big house in London.  Seen some good games at Layer Rd in that period, West Brom in the cup was a particular favourite, but it's been dire on all fronts at the new ground.  OK the Robbie Cowling era has made all aspects of the club more professional but there is none of that family club (not about kids, but how everyone from the Chairman down was part of the family) atmosphere anymore, it's just about the money!

I was a bit before that.  Colchester born & bred.  Started going after getting back from uni in the 90s through the Steve Whitton / Phil Parkinson era - glory days.  Players like Kinsella and Lua Lua.  Went to the Bilbao friendly that opened the new ground but moved away over 10 years ago now.  My missus used to work for Jobserve so have met Cowling a few times.  Saying no more!

Think I am setttled on either 19 Sqn with a blue tail (Wildenrath) or a 56 Sqn red tail (Wattisham)

2 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Nice options to break up that grey.

I have one of the old Revells stashed with a fair bit of extra stuff including decals for a Falklands white tailed beast.

Get on it, it might give me a KUTA that is required.

• Like 1