Excecutive Officer Kane

40 years since I crouched down in my Cinema seat thinking "Dont touch the bloody thing you Idiot" I  can add Kane to my Alien collection,the head is a replacement with a better likeness ,scale is listed as 1/9th.

hm0zXW.jpg

KoVZPm.jpg

igUWi9.jpg

YP1p2v.jpg

dn8k6V.jpg

sm3iaC.jpg

KOBmKI.jpg

Good wholesome modelling fun,though got a bit sweary when hollowing out for the lighting ;)

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

This is a real tribute to your build and painting skills...

Can it really be forty years since the film was released? It's difficult to believe. I think it's still the best representation of alien life-forms ever commited to film. Someone I know used to have HR Giger occasionally visit his model-shop, many years ago. He said HR was a tad "eccentric", to say the least. It's a real shame the artist is no longer with us. He was a great talent. 

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

17 minutes ago, Tommygunn1972 said:

That is awesome, the lighting really adds to the whole effect. What kit is this, if it is as kit?

Great kit, great lighting and great paintwork too :clap2::clap2:

bit more info here,its a terrific kit

3 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

This is a real tribute to your build and painting skills...

Can it really be forty years sine the film was released? It's difficult to believe. I think it's still the best representation of alien life-forms ever commited to film. Some- one I know used to have HR Geiger occasionally visit his model-shop, many years ago. He said HR was a tad "eccentric", to say the least. It's a real shame the artist is no longer with us. He was a great talent. 

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.  

Thanks Chris,yep 40 years old this year,although in fairness it probably made it up(Lancaster) here around 1980.

NB: If anyone's thinking of building the kit there's a killer reference gallery on RPF:

https://www.therpf.com/forums/media/categories/prop-store.428/

70-odd high res sharp well lit photographs of the screen-used suit belonging to the Propstore in London.

There are some zoomed-out pics (with warm colour cast) and notes on the Propstore's site as well.

https://propstore.com/blog/prop-store-collection-presents-kane-alien-spacesuit/

NB: The backpack and wrist thingies are reproductions. IMO the painting on the backpack looks pretty ropey, I assume it should be similar in style to the other "bronze" parts.

HTH,

Will

On 2/13/2019 at 11:14 AM, rockpopandchips said:

Excellent work, looks fantastic. 

Cheers  Buddy!

On 2/13/2019 at 11:14 AM, Hunter Rose said:

Su-bloody-perb! That looks amazing Andy, stellar painting! 

Thanks HR.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:43 PM, Will Vale said:

Love it, all the textures and finishes are so rich. I'd love to see a pic of your collection all together in one place, it's very far-reaching.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks Will,be careful what you wish for :)

20 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Brilliant, thanks so much for showing those off! Is that a Sigourney-as-Gatekeeper I see?

yep,its a converted figure,the likeness is a bit iffy,I may replace the head with a neca ripley.

Original figure

OURvwm.jpg

After surgery.

0XkP4I.jpg

The base was entirely scratch built.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lee Chambers said:

Great work! I have this Polar Lights kit,where did you get the replacement Kane head? If you don't mind me asking.

Hi Lee,got it from this guy in Canada,it took a while but turned up in one piece.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kane-replacement-Head-For-Polar-Lights-1-9-Alien/113021561279?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649