Mini Moke Line Drawings

D1fuN0

Just wondering about the Copyright issues of posting images from Roy Scott's book🤔 They may be available online but, to coin the phrase Steve used, is it cricket? 😐 

The updated body is now back from Shapeways, back to the bench... For further updates and progress on this I should probably start a WIP thread?

IMG-1726.jpg

Edited by mbdesignart
text edit. more info added
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Alan R said:

I presume that the Tamiya Mini underpinnings will fit?

Cheers, Alan.

There won't be any need as it's going to be a full kit. Apart from under bonnet parts which are to be decided.

Edited by mbdesignart
more info aded
  • Like 3

I scratchbuilt a 1/24th Moke many years ago based on a Tamiya rally mini (for the Aussie style wheels) as a lineside accessory for model railway layout I was building.  I used plans I found on one of the Aussie websites.  Unfortunately all the drawings are on a computer that died years ago.  One thing I remember I built it as per the plans but it looked like it was sitting with about 10 people on board so I ended up cutting the suspension and resetting it a bit higher to what looked right.

There are a couple of pictures of the build at http://forum.gn15.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=738&hilit=mini+moke&start=350

On 2/12/2019 at 7:49 PM, mbdesignart said:

Something for you guys to get excited about, coming soon to a well known website near me. This will be a 1/24 full resin kit, hopefully at the Milton Keynes show end of April.

moke-bits.jpg

Are pre-orders being taken for this?....

On 2/17/2019 at 12:30 AM, Séan Pádraig said:

Are pre-orders being taken for this?....

PM Sent.

Release details will be made available via website not on Britmodeller, thanks.

Edited by mbdesignart
extra info added

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I looked at the kit on Motobitz stand at MK.  Very nice kit albeit a bit pricey I seem to remember.

I believe that they are intending to release a version that was featured in the cult TV series 'The Prisoner' from the 60's.

Hi Noel,

... OK you might be right that the asked price for this kit is not on a Discounter level... but keep in mind it's not a transkit it's a complette kit and it's produced by a small company, so everything got to be calculated on a base of a limited quantaty.

For my opinion the price is more than OK If you consider the prices well known companies ASK just for reissuies...

And the products I bought before from motobitz showed me that the price was always real fair. I don't think Mark will earn a real big bargain producing it, but he will serve and amaze us again with some cool items we won't get from the established big companies.

Marco F