Paint rack

kiwimodeller

Rummaging through drawers was doing my head in so last weekend I made this. The thickness is probably a bit of an overkill but it stands up on my bench no worries without having to screw to the wall.

While I'm definitely no carpenter, I'm very happy I can find my paint easily now :)

pexels-photo-1898243.jpeg?auto=compress&

• Like 8

I would still take the precaution of screwing it to the wall, just in case it gets knocked and tips over your latest pride and joy.

Robert

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2019 at 5:09 PM, kiwimodeller said:

definitely no carpenter, 

This actually looks like carpenter work, what we both are not, is cabinet makers, that is a true skill beyond most carpenters ability, especially the high end stuff. While there are jigs for making almost any joint, dove tails etc, doing something like that still takes some skills to get it right and level. Most of us would not be too concerned with the overall appearance, functionality is first, at least for me.

I plan to make my own paint holder as well, using the proper sized drill bits to create a drop in style holder, with a tiny version that is mobile. The small one will be so I can gather up the majority of the paints required and keep them together through out the build. I am not sure if that is a new concept, but it seemed to be an intuitive idea, seeing as how finding the paints from the large amounts that most guys have, would be annoying to do so over and over again during the build. Having a single, say ten or twelve paint holder that you can set aside while building, would be a whole lot easier to work with over a several day/week build and still keep your workspace tidy and accident free.

Nice work though, she looks nice and level with equal gaps, not easy to do. Having the right tools makes this much simpler of course, but nobody should buy a table saw and sliding compound miter saw, just to build a paint rack!

Cheers,

Anthony

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 10:09 PM, kiwimodeller said:

but it stands up on my bench no worries without having to screw to the wall.

& you a fellow shakey islander. I reckon I'd be screwing to the wall, even a tab on the underside of the top shelf into a stud or wall anchor. It looks really workman like & useful though . 👍

Steve.

• Like 2