Russian Navy Destroyer Udaloy

Well she is finished...

WIP found here

This was a little side project that was supposed to be a stress relief and fun build. And it was!

The kit had some issues but I think I managed to make a decent model out of it. There were a few things that I would have done differently I was willing to put more effort into it.

I tried to simulate oxidized brass for the nameplate and I like how this effect turned out. I used the same to weather the props.

Anyway, here's the pictures:

U38.jpg
U39.jpg
U40.jpg
U41.jpg
U42.jpg
U43.jpg
U44.jpg
U45.jpg
U46.jpg
U47.jpg

Thanks for looking, and everyone who followed the build!

Konrad

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Great build there Konrad this has given me some inspiration to get my Sovremenny done  👍

beefy

Glad you liked it!

those russian ships really do have a special apperance! Will watch your sovremenny with interest!

37 minutes ago, Parrahs said:

What are those large discs (one on top of the bridge, one near the helipad), unused CIWS mounts?

Not sure what it is but I guess it’s a sort of sensor... here is what it really looks like

U10.jpg

HTH

Konrad

3 hours ago, Parrahs said:

What are those large discs (one on top of the bridge, one near the helipad), unused CIWS mounts?

They are empty platforms for the CROSS SWORD guidance radars for the SA-N-9 missile system: initially ship completions outstripped CROSS SWORD deliveries..  Source: Soviet Warships 1945 to the Present by John Jordan (Arms and armour, 1992).

Edited by Seahawk
  • Thanks 2