1/35 Panther Ausf D at the battle of Kursk - ICM 35361

don't really know if this was better posted here or in diorama section. 

Introduction

Tank is Panther Ausf D 521 that fought in the battle of Kursk.

I wanted to make a battle damaged tank, but i also did want to  make a properly built panther, but i didn't want to build two of them.

so the solution i came up with was to build this vignette, with the tank seen as pristine from one side and as disabled from the other, and two russian tankers posing for a picture with the tank they've killed to provide some contest. 

the damage is based on pictures of damaged panther i've found online. 

the kit

the kit came togheter pretty well apart from the driver and codriver hatches plate that i had to cut and shorten cause it wasn't fitting by 3 good millimeters, that's kinda weird. 

all in all the kit provide nice detail. it has plastic single link tracks. No transparent parts and no photoetched part, is a basic kit. Decals are good quality. It's one of the cheapest panthers around, should be available around 20€

modifications

no extra part used apart from the figurines ( Miniart 35027 ). Custom built the camera held by one of the figurines.  Custom built the engine that is not part of the kit. Drilled the holes for penetrations, custom made some minor details like smoke grenade wires, hatches springs, skirts and mudguards. Redone Towing cable  using electric wire. Custom made engine deck grills using a mosquito net. The base is just a painted piece of polistirene. 

lK29gty.jpg?1

iEDNmhx.jpg?1

zA97N9m.jpg?1

iuAYsSr.jpg?1

r9nNUd3.jpg?1

gKUlUhl.jpg

6CyYQno.jpg?1

U40HJWy.jpg?1

9nXTBW6.jpg?1

Edited by cambridge
  • Like 10