Tu 134 Zvezda 1/144

Hi Alain,

That's just splendid! I love these classic Soviet jets. As with Dave I like your subtle weathering too it gives it some life.

Are these the kit decals or after market ones? Zvezda haven't been known for including the best quality decals but these look alright.

I have this kit in the stash but can't decide which livery to build though.

Cheers,

Ian

looks superb and I love the panel line work - I always get frowned on by my club colleagues for panel line washing on civil jets on the basis that civil aircraft panels would not be visible in 1/144 or 1/200 scale other than the odd bit of wing oil weathering around the flaps and air brakes, however in my opinion (and especially in the case of Zvezda's kits) there is some lovely intricate panel scribed detail on most of any civil aircrafts flat surfaces which look superb when highlighted as you have done so here

this is a real stunner

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Yes , I didn't use box decals, I preferred   Avia Decals ones supplied with masks.

About weathering, it's always better to enhance pannel lines especilly when they are as nice, I just had not to forget that it was not a 1/48 WWII plane I usually build!

I added 2 other better lighten pictures.

Cheers.

Alain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Very late to the party, but I'm determined to build an airliner in the near future and all the 1/144 Zvezda kits look like amazing value for money... this looks like an ideal start-point, question - masking for the nose glazing, in the kit or after-market ?

All the best from NZ.

Ian.