Current RAF Typhoon tail codes

DaveJL

Hello all,

I'm planning on building a couple of Eurofighters soon, one being a 6 Sqn QRA jet with Meteors fitted.

The only available decals (Xtradecal) that I can see have letters on the tail codes -ED etc. However from some pictures, all jets now seem to have a 3 digit numeric code on the tail. Is this fleet wide? Also, does anyone know the current Squadron/tail code of the following jets?

ZK306

ZK316

ZK326

From what I can see, the option available for a 6 Sqn jet from Xtradecal, ZK306, is no longer with that squadron. One final question, the recent image of a jet fitted with the Meteors - does anyone know what Squadron this jet was from?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

The Meteor-carrying jet was from II(AC) Squadron.

getasset.aspx?itemid=75475

The knot on the tail gives it away; you can just make out the 2 Squadron 'fighter bars' as well.

ZK306 was with 1(F) last year, complete with squadron markings. This would've been in the Autumn, so that may well have changed now.

The new tal codes are literally the last three from the aircraft's serial number. A lot of the aircraft don't carry squadron markings anymore either, a combination of being on ops and being swapped between squadrons so often it's not worth the hassle of changing them. 

• Sad 1

Thanks chaps,

On 2/12/2019 at 10:34 PM, Truro Model Builder said:

Thanks for the link, very handy!

I've ordered a few decal sheets and a generic set of white numbers to allow me to do the tail codes. My plan is to build a jet in either 1(F) or 6 Sqn markings with full QRA load including Meteors, then the other devoid of markings for Op Shader.