Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G

Karlj72

Having ordered the new Border models Panzer IV G I then found the Dragon kit at a good price and thought I will do a side by side comparison on both kits.

Will be looking forward to building both kits and figuring out what kit will be the best.

The only thing that I might be scratching my head at is the use of what gun barrels to install as both kits come with L/43 and L/48.

134714-36582-43-720.jpg

1184964-16432-25-720.jpg

Edited by Karlj72

Your comparison/findings should be interesting to see.

The only negative comment I've seen about the new Border kit was no Filzbalgfilter option is provided.  This was the air filter canister found on the right hand side of the hull, and would be present on some of the late ausf.G marks.   According to references, depending on the factory, these were added as early as July 1943, but ceased and also ordered removed, in February of 1944.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

55 minutes ago, JackG said:

Your comparison/findings should be interesting to see.

The only negative comment I've seen about the new Border kit was no Filzbalgfilter option is provided.  This was the air filter canister found on the right hand side of the hull, and would be present on some of the late ausf.G marks.   According to references, depending on the factory, these were added as early as July 1943, but ceased and also ordered removed, in February of 1944.

regards,

Jack

Thanks Jack I plan on doing both kits for Kursk so the Filzbalgfilter should not be a problem.