Hi folks,

These were supposed to be quick but have ended up taking almost a month in elapsed time. I blame the summer, which has been extremely hot and sticky, to the point that there was a (smallish) brush fire at the other end of the hill we live on. Thankfully no damage but it took out a logged area which I regularly run through. Probably they should've done more than just leave a giant pile of wood chips behind.

But I digress, Imperial Knights are here:

47002830452_769672a4d8_b.jpg

They're painted in Alclad metallics (freehand) and then the coloured panels have all been filled in with a brush. I used a mix of transfers (mostly) and paint (little bit) for the insignia, GW acrylics for the colours, and a mix of enamel and acrylic weathering.

47054824641_8f3f075e44_b.jpg

47002846542_7a277a1f67_b.jpg

40089949113_78e2950802_b.jpg

The bases are done with one of the GW texture paints (better than expected!) plus scrap sprue and plastic sheet for the concrete bits.

46141171575_959952ba0e_b.jpg

46331054974_400a72b195_b.jpg

40089940263_178075b7e9_b.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the end result - I can see lots of things that could be better/more finished-looking, but it's mostly about where I decided to paint them in a "minis" style with highlights and such, and where I didn't. And frankly there's just so much detail that it was easy to get fatigued by the process. As you can see, they're quite little:

32113159897_2e2c6db87e_b.jpg

I have two more which are a different (larger) pattern and about halfway-done at the moment, so I should probably finish those while all the steps are fresh in my mind.

Thanks for looking and to all those who joined in the WIP thread, it's always appreciated!

Cheers,

Will

• Like 11

Thanks guys!

4 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

I hadn't realised just how small they were until they were on the bases.

They are pretty small. I wish GW had moulded new bases for them really - the titans have slightly thinner bases and the smaller "lip" vaguely helps to sell the large scale.

I was impressed at the general level of detail and sharpness - I think you can see from the close-ups that its not as fine and sharp as Bandai's Star Wars line, but it's getting there. They definitely have a sense of detail everwhere and I think it's cool how many of the features of the originals are preserved/caricatured in the smaller scale. Good engineering too apart from one or two bits like the tilting shields which could do with a pin for security.

I just remembered that I built some Gundam add-on backpack thing as a source of shuttles for a Titanicus-scale landing pad, must keep that on the todo list as well.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks chaps! 

I dug in my bag of assembled-but-not-painted titans last night and tweaked the leg angles on one of them, but it was really too hot to concentrate. I will say that the magnetised arms and weapons on the larger models are very satisfying to play with.

Cheers,

Will

• 4 months later...