This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

What’s the USA equivalent of Hannants?

Hi all

I’m living in the US now (Texas). I’ve found a nice little independent model shop for day today stuff, then there’s Hobby Lobby for other bits... but I still find myself browsing Hannants.. what’s the USA equivalent?

Thanks

Dan

12 minutes ago, Rob G said:

https://www.squadron.com/

is the only thing that I know of that's close.

Maybe once, but not for years. Squadron is a shadow of its former self. Sprue Brothers has the most stock and Hannants like high pricing, but it's nothing compared to Hannants' breadth and depth of stock. Scalehobbyist probably has the most stuff at the best prices in general. There's also Kitlinx, I guess.

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I’m living in the US now (Texas)

My condolences.

15 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Maybe once, but not for years. Squadron is a shadow of its former self. Sprue Brothers has the most stock and Hannants like high pricing, but it's nothing compared to Hannants' breadth and depth of stock. Scalehobbyist probably has the most stuff at the best prices in general. There's also Kitlinx, I guess.

My condolences.

Thanks for the info.

Condolences not required. Admittedly I’ve not lived everywhere on earth, just four continents, and this is pretty good thanks. 

Dan

31 minutes ago, Rob G said:

https://www.squadron.com/

is the only thing that I know of that's close.

Thanks, I’ll check it out 

Dan 

2 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Sprue Brothers are my #1 choice because they ship right away; no waiting. ScaleHobbyist are my #2. Both are excellent. SB usually runs a sale every weekend; this weekend it was 20% of Eduard PE.

Thanks, I’ll check them out

Dan

There is no real equivalent. I use a variety of sources:

I use Squadron only when stuff is on sale (and even then, they seem to put the same 700 items on sale each week.....). 

I use Sprue Bros on occasion.

I like Scale Hobbyist, but their range isn't so big. 

eBay is always handy.

I do still use Hannants, although postage is starting to get prohibitive.

And I like to use my 'local' hobby store, which is Hobby Depot, 150 miles away in Tempe, AZ. 

Hi Daniel,

I don't know of an equivalent of Hannants over there, however there is one similar to Kingkit.  That is Jeff Garrity's Rare-Plane Detective.  He used to be based in Las Vegas but moved to San Francisco a while ago. A visit, if you get the chance, is a must; otherwise download his online catalogue.

cheers

Mike.

16 minutes ago, bootneck said:

Hi Daniel,

I don't know of an equivalent of Hannants over there, however there is one similar to Kingkit.  That is Jeff Garrity's Rare-Plane Detective.  He used to be based in Las Vegas but moved to San Francisco a while ago. A visit, if you get the chance, is a must; otherwise download his online catalogue.

cheers

Mike.

Hi Mike

Many thanks for the information!

Dan

Jeff's actually near Palm Springs at the other end of California. 😉  He's a good guy to deal with, use him quite often. 

Edited by Paul Bradley