Noble Endeavours Book

cherry268

I have just finished reading a book called Noble Endeavours by Bernard Noble. It is the story of three generations of RAF pilots and is a fascinating insight into all aspects of RAF training and life. First is the authors father who started in 1936 and unfortunately killed in action.  Next is the author who started on Meteors and ended in the EPTS. The authors son is fairly modern flying Jaguars and Tornados and was one of the first to test and use TIALD including in the Gulf War. Not the easiest of reads and it is fairly small writing and I suffered from information overload at times. I just read a few pages at a time and found that was the best way to absorb the information. If you are interested in the life of a RAF pilot then it is well worth reading. The authors is our accounts ladies cousin which is how I came to find and read it.

resized_a5801829-4a65-48e4-8fac-563a3946resized_1f86adef-5f0e-4401-bdbe-d47f5229

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Thanks for that info, it is the sort of book I'd be keen to read but unfortunately it seems to be only available 2nd hand & not that cheap, especially with post to the antipodes factored in. :(

Steve.

Yes ... about £27:00 over here in the UK.  Rather too much for me.  A shame.

oh well ... can but keep looking!

Jonny

• Like 1