A-34 Comet - Germany 1945

Hi All,

I hope this is within the rules, but it's borderline.  I've got a Bronco 1/35 Comet in the stash which was probably based in Germany in the immediate post-war years - but I can't confirm that 100%.

The decals are for "Iron Duke IV" T335104 1st RTR, which the instructions date to April 1945.

This is the information I could find relating to 1st RTR:-

1945.05 - Germany: Gluckstadt

1945.07 - Belgium: Moll

1945.07 - Germany: Schleswig Holstein

Aug 45 - Mar 46 - Germany:Berlin

1946.07 - Germany: Hobart Barracks, Detmold

Jan 47 - Hobart Barracks, Detmold: first regiment equipped with Mk3 Centurion

So I think it's safe to assume that T335104 would have carried the same markings at least until the winter of 1945 - but I can't be certain. So if this is within the rules I'll continue as such.

• Like 1

I'm happy to see you continue this one in those markings Dave. There's certainly a balance of probability that it retained the markings for at least some time during its post-war service in Germany.

• Like 3

Hi All,

I've got the lower hull painted...

uqWjfKXlg3GmYPMcASgKgWM8jUquZgSOf1PMjhHB

...and the track links assembled.

olWw8hhDyREUJi0Dwk0VqOtzocpzNUfh-3lv85gc

The track links are quite nice you just click them together - few wouldn't stay connected, but there plenty of spare links to use instead.

Dave.

• Like 2

Looks nice - wasn't there some talk of the Bronco Comet having somewhat over/undersized wheels?  I forget which was it was, but remember that people said they were "wrong" at the time :hmmm:

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Looks nice - wasn't there some talk of the Bronco Comet having somewhat over/undersized wheels?  I forget which was it was, but remember that people said they were "wrong" at the time :hmmm:

Now you mention it they do look a touch on the small side but I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Or perhaps this is a component of the suspension setting representing an unloaded tank? Either way it's a minor point and you're making a damned fine job of this one Dave.

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Either way it's a minor point and you're making a damned fine job of this one Dave.

It is, and TBH I've never really "noticed" it myself, or gone out of my way to compare pics with the kit parts... that said, it's a fair few years since I've even looked at my kit :blush:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mike said:

It is, and TBH I've never really "noticed" it myself, or gone out of my way to compare pics with the kit parts... that said, it's a fair few years since I've even looked at my kit :blush:

Still plenty time left in this GB to get it on the bench and underway Mike ;)