Greetings from Scotland

Methilmodelman

Hi from north of....well everywhere really. I used to build plastic kits as a boy but have only got heavily into it again in the past couple of years when I’ve got some disposable income and time on my hands. 

I got a spray gun and a booth from Santa so I’m keen to get going. 

Im hoping for some tips on getting a great glass shine finish on my model cars etc 

Cheers!

Bob 

• Like 3

Hi Bob and welcome to Britmodeller. You didn't say which part of Scotland but I'm putting money on you being very near the coast in the Kingdom of Fife. I look forward to seeing how you are getting on with your new airbrush.

Duncan B

8 hours ago, 06/24 said:

So our Britmodeller Scottish enclave expands (even if some of us are, whisper it, English...) Greetings from the central belt!

And some of us are, shockingly, Canadian! My mother's ancestors were from Scotland and were some of the first settlers after the expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_the_Acadians

Chris

Hello to you from a British Britmodeller currently in Canberra, Australia.

:post1:

I most recently, in the U.K., lived in Helensburgh. I love and miss Scotland.

Will it be plastic or maybe diecast cars too? I recently ventured out into restoration of the latter. Great fun!

I’ll keep a look out for you on the forum, this is a great community. All the help and encouragement (and humour and madness! 😂) you could ever want or need!

Welcome

Best regards

TonyT