Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Jack Klugman

Takom Late Panther A Buildlog

Recommended Posts

Armorama's loss.....our gain.....love the build.....certainly conforming my intent to have a my 2020 new project a full interior Panther, probably the Bergepanther.

 

Really enjoyable build blog.......:yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is it going Jack? Have you taken up your steelworker's err....brass worker's career full time yet?   I can't imagine

trying to solder these tiny 1/35 pieces. The pe in 1/16 scale is tedious enough and if it can't be super glued then it

gets missed. Solder and I are like figure painting and I, just not happening.

 

Hope you can get started on your Jagdpanther soon. I have a G1 and a G2 in the works and I could use some tips.

 

Take care,

 

Lloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

How is it going Jack? Have you taken up your steelworker's err....brass worker's career full time yet?   I can't imagine

trying to solder these tiny 1/35 pieces. The pe in 1/16 scale is tedious enough and if it can't be super glued then it

gets missed. Solder and I are like figure painting and I, just not happening.

 

Hope you can get started on your Jagdpanther soon. I have a G1 and a G2 in the works and I could use some tips.

 

Take care,

 

Lloyd

 

Try resistance soldering it is easier!

 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235035815-takom-spz-abt-505-tiger-ausf-b/

 

 

post #9 and #24

Edited by Bozothenutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/05/2019 at 03:00, BlackMax12 said:

How is it going Jack? Have you taken up your steelworker's err....brass worker's career full time yet?   I can't imagine

trying to solder these tiny 1/35 pieces. The pe in 1/16 scale is tedious enough and if it can't be super glued then it

gets missed. Solder and I are like figure painting and I, just not happening.

 

Hope you can get started on your Jagdpanther soon. I have a G1 and a G2 in the works and I could use some tips.

 

Take care,

 

Lloyd

Everything is going well if slowly, the hull is about 98% complete 

 

2sckg1g.jpg

 

5brog62.jpg

 

ZFrG0n2.jpg

 

The only real additions left are the brass chains, which I might leave off until the turret build is completed. 

 

Soldering is straightforward enough if you have the right leaded solder and flux. 

 

I have no idea what I am going to do after the Panther A tbh  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good Jack. You have lots more patience than I for all of that photo etch, especially soldered but it sure doe look the part.

 

You said you had a 1/16 Jagdtiger didn't you and some Jagdpanthers? One of those would be nice to see, especially with your

skill set any of them should turn out great.

 

Take care,

 

Lloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice build.......great upgrade additions........:yes:.......motivates me to get my 'G" finalised........:nod:

 

Redcoat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello,

 

A photo heavy update I am afraid. After finalising the hull I have started and almost completed the turret

 

There are a few fitment issues which I have to resolve which prevents the turret from sitting flush with the hull. 

 

iSgRs3s.jpg

 

dbXxypz.jpg

 

fr4fKGn.jpg

 

Turret Interior with main gun

 

fBIJOdt.jpg

 

2bY7Tgl.jpg

 

Muzzle brake, soldered obviously ! 

 

jvNrzRi.jpg

 

Exterior with mantlet

 

K0bcyBf.jpg

 

Turret with Gun

 

c9DEeIg.jpg

 

Not much PE in this section at all so progress is rapid and its starting to look like a tank now.

 

Thanks for looking

 

S

 

 

Edited by Jack Klugman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good Jack. The zimmerit, metal barrel and all of that dreaded photo etch sure

add to the overall look.

 

Keep them coming, waiting for that Jagdpanther too.

 

Lloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/06/2019 at 19:00, BlackMax12 said:

Looking good Jack. The zimmerit, metal barrel and all of that dreaded photo etch sure

add to the overall look.

 

Keep them coming, waiting for that Jagdpanther too.

 

Lloyd

Thank you for your comment. 

 

A quick update the build is more or less completed and the turret will now be painted before final assembly 

 

00E4ObW.jpg

 

geE9gbN.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack

 

What is the bracket beside the right storage box, between the exhaust and the box on the rear plate? Never saw that on any Panther model or

maybe just missed it.

 

Lloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

Jack

 

What is the bracket beside the right storage box, between the exhaust and the box on the rear plate? Never saw that on any Panther model or

maybe just missed it.

 

Lloyd

Fuel/water stowage, this Panther G has two, that particular installation would have been impossible on mine given the distinctive three exhausts on the final versions of the Ausf A.   

 

It probably was a field modification ?

 

 3LdJbcx.jpg?1

Edited by Jack Klugman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jack.

 

You're probably right that must have been a field mod as I have never seen it on a "G" or actually any

model of Panther before. Looks good though but I won't buy a photo etch set just to get it and scratch

building one is beyond me.

 

Take care,

 

Lloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jack Klugman said:

Fuel/water stowage, this Panther G has two, that particular installation would have been impossible on mine given the distinctive three exhausts on the final versions of the Ausf A.   

 

It probably was a field modification ?

 

 3LdJbcx.jpg?1

Hello Jack. Been following your build on this Panther. Think it is a craftsman build, very well done. The photo above got me thinking all day. I saw it recently in an article, but could not come up with clues. Now I'm at home and first thing I did was clicking the correct links.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/panther-hard-edge-camo-in-normandie-pz-regt-i-24-u-t13834-s10.html

Maybe you know it, but it sure gives some good insight on this photo, and of other Panthers. 

I'm very intrigued by this particular Panther G shown in your post. Will follow along.

 

Have a nice day,

 

Robert Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 8:34 PM, Jack Klugman said:

Fuel/water stowage, this Panther G has two, that particular installation would have been impossible on mine given the distinctive three exhausts on the final versions of the Ausf A.   

 

It probably was a field modification ?

 

 3LdJbcx.jpg?1

 

Just wanted to confirm....it was a field modification by the crew....not sure why move it away from the side location fitted at the factory. Maybe protect it somewhat at the rear; as you see these tubes peppered in many photographs, and cleaning the barrel with shattered gun rods could be difficult....I suppose.

 

Really enjoyable and sharp build blog and certainly on my re-read list when I choose my final full interior Panther one day.......:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Panthers and especially Jagdpanthers had the tools re-located to the rear plate also. Note

that this Panther only has 4 spare track links on the side and doesn't look like it has the hangers for the 

normal six. Lots of variations on a theme.

 

Lloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2019 at 19:30, BlackMax12 said:

Some Panthers and especially Jagdpanthers had the tools re-located to the rear plate also. Note

that this Panther only has 4 spare track links on the side and doesn't look like it has the hangers for the 

normal six. Lots of variations on a theme.

 

Lloyd

I think the tank has the normal track hangers but they were not utilising the first and the last one to stow track for whatever reason.  

 

Anyway he turret floor is done

 

U9QSCJj.jpg?1

 

PZ4z6U7.jpg?3

 

Thanks for looking

 

S

Edited by Jack Klugman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...