REVELL C-160 Transall 1/72

Have a nice sunday friends

Again i play the Intruder for the british modelling scene with german stuff, i hope thats ok with you😁😋😊

Today i want present to you my C-160 Transall from Lufttransportgeschwader ( Air cargo Wing ) 63 at Hohn Airforce Base/Germany by Revell. A worse model kit, the fitting was really bad and i think the engineers at Revell was drunken when they have construct it this time, one of my most worse kit in the last few years.  The lower hull include the landing gear bays wont fitting to the upper hull, no chance this time. So i have to use a lot of putty and my model kit dealer was happy coz i bought some tubes there.

But when finished the assembly, i was happy to get the paint job, again i wanted a used look.

All colours are from Revell and i was really hard working to find the right mix, i always compared it with original photos till i was satisfied.

The base is made as wood what get Evergreen sheets in the right measures. The Panel lines of the sheets i fill up with black conture paint from window colour hobby.

here we go

comp__igp6221epkwd.jpg

comp__igp6222b8kvq.jpg

comp__igp6223i9klr.jpg

comp__igp6211ntjs8.jpg

comp__igp6213rxjoq.jpg

comp__igp6216e4jsw.jpg

comp__igp62265vjib.jpg

comp__igp6230b5kmg.jpg

Edited by Harry Callahan
  • Like 55

Hello mates

yes i loved the Transall too, since the first sight at a ,,day of open door,, at Ahlhorn air base in 1974. So more than 40 years she was the work horse of german Luftwaffe. And now she get replaced by the A400M

here you see what i mean when i told you a worse kit.

comp_transall_projekt7wk22.jpg

transall_projekt_001_mbk81.jpg

transall_projekt_006_y6keg.jpg

transall_projekt_005_ntj85.jpg

transall_projekt_004_3dkmr.jpg

transall_projekt_003_d3kya.jpg

transall_projekt_20138zk0z.jpg

comp_transallprojekt27uklc.jpg

comp_transallprojekt2eqkon.jpg

comp_transallprojekt226khx.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you so much friends

When i visit some model show events, i talk with some modelers also about the Transall, and to my surprise not all modelers has confirmed my problems with this kit. So i think i got a monday kit, when the workers in factory still drunken or forget how to operate the machines about last weekend😃🤣😉

Edited by Harry Callahan
rightwrite
  • Haha 2

Hello Harry,

My compliments on this great achievement

Excellent finish in construction and build. I used to jump out of these aircraft between 1200 and 1600 feet. Starting from Pensing Airbase in Bavaria. Jumping above Altenstadt, home of the German Fallschirmjäger

At that time still in the old scheme of green and orange. Very noisy (transport) plane.

Really nice to see this model finished.

Regards, Orion

• Like 1

Hallo Freunde

Nochmals vielen Dank für Ihre freundlichen Kommentare.

Orion @, ja das alte Tarnsystem in Basaltgrau / Olivgreen und orange Dayglo-Parts Ich mag es auch so sehr, wer weiß, vielleicht baue ich in diesem Schema jederzeit ein. Wow, du hast ein intaktes Flugzeug hinterlassen, hehehehe witz. Ich hoffe, dass Ihre Landungen immer gut waren und nie verletzt wurden.

Hallo Holger, schön einen Landsmann hier zu sehen

Edited by Harry Callahan