General Aviation PJ-1, modified 1/72 Execuform vacuform

Wow!  That takes craftsmanship to new levels!

I've yet to tackle my Special Hobby Sikorsky S.43, but taking on a vacform like that would be even further out of my reach!

Just beautiful work.

👍👍😎

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 6:54 PM, kapam said:

Wow!  That takes craftsmanship to new levels!

I've yet to tackle my Special Hobby Sikorsky S.43, but taking on a vacform like that would be even further out of my reach!

Just beautiful work.

👍👍😎

I do have that kit too, and plan to have fun building it, perhaps as Vanderbilt's mount, Inter-island (Hawaii), or Amphibian Air Transport (Catalina Island, near me).

26 minutes ago, Dric said:

Thanks for this master inspiring build log.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Master, schmaster 😉

Moa,

I see this topic first time, you build a beautiful model, excellent result and in vacuform.  That involves a lot of work, I know.......😄

Now something like that in 1/48 that would be great .  And there is that Fokker connection !  👍

With regards,

JohnHaa

• Like 1

Another outstanding Vac build, well worth the entrance money to see that, I only vaguely knew of the 1:1 version, and had never really heard of the Execuform kit, but as it is a model only a mother could love, or an artist such as yourself would make, mind you I do have a Blackburn Blackburn in the stash, so what does that say about me. 🤔

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JohnHaa said:

Moa,

I see this topic first time, you build a beautiful model, excellent result and in vacuform.  That involves a lot of work, I know.......😄

Now something like that in 1/48 that would be great .  And there is that Fokker connection !  👍

With regards,

JohnHaa

Hi John

Thanks for your kind words. I admire your great work.

1/48? I thought we were friends! 😉

Cheers

16 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Another outstanding Vac build, well worth the entrance money to see that, I only vaguely knew of the 1:1 version, and had never really heard of the Execuform kit, but as it is a model only a mother could love, or an artist such as yourself would make, mind you I do have a Blackburn Blackburn in the stash, so what does that say about me. 🤔

Hi Graeme

You don't say!

Is it the aspect of the plane you don't like?

That's strange, I think it has pleasant lines.

Cheers

Moa,

Of course, and  we have a lot in common, only my fingers grew to clumsy for 1/72. 😄 

I'm thinking for a long time to build a Fokker B1, but the fuselage with the steps, still figuring out how to build that. 

And I do look forward for your new topics !

Greetings,

JohnHaa 

• Like 1

Moa,

I agree, a Fokker F.11 would be a good choise, it is a bit less complicated too. I keep it in mind, just now I'm building some other planes. 

Bell-Air did a model. Compleet in red and civil, I like that.

B.T.W.  Years ago I visited the Aerodrome Museum near Schiphol Airport now replaced to Lelystad, they had a diaroma with a real F.11 fuselage,  on loan from Canada. 

Some more info:

https://books.google.nl/books?id=CvMxDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA107&lpg=PA107&dq=Fokker+F.11A+fuselage+Aviodrome&source=bl&ots=CL-apUHUy6&sig=ACfU3U1GS4dYQXhgueKsM7ua7y83b2EiXw&hl=nl&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2z4vkuLjmAhWPTcAKHf79CZ4Q6AEw

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Fokker_F-11

With kind greetings,

JohnHaa

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnHaa said:

Moa,

I agree, a Fokker F.11 would be a good choise, it is a bit less complicated too. I keep it in mind, just now I'm building some other planes. 

Bell-Air did a model. Compleet in red and civil, I like that.

B.T.W.  Years ago I visited the Aerodrome Museum near Schiphol Airport now replaced to Lelystad, they had a diaroma with a real F.11 fuselage,  on loan from Canada. 

Some more info:

https://books.google.nl/books?id=CvMxDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA107&lpg=PA107&dq=Fokker+F.11A+fuselage+Aviodrome&source=bl&ots=CL-apUHUy6&sig=ACfU3U1GS4dYQXhgueKsM7ua7y83b2EiXw&hl=nl&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2z4vkuLjmAhWPTcAKHf79CZ4Q6AEw

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Fokker_F-11

With kind greetings,

JohnHaa

If you ever go for it, I have a folder that may be useful.

Cheers