Come on you Spurs ! ++++++FINISHED++++++

JOCKNEY

8 hours ago, Aeronut said:

I can supply some details from the Hotspur Air Publication if required. Beware, the kit’s undercarriage legs are a work of fiction.

Thanks for the offer Aeronut, any info would be much appreciated 

cheers Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Right ho, I've been searching the Jockney stash, and have found a Hotspur, I'm not convinced it was the one I was looking for but here it is anyway.

IMG_4292

Parts below, and true to form (for me !) I have a problem

IMG_4291

The observant amongst you will notice there are only 3 wheels on my wagon ! :wall:

So I'm open to suggestions on what to do next.

Plan A, scour the spares box more in hope than expectation.

Plan B, remove the wheels altogether and just build it with the skids.

Plan C, Build something else altogether !

Let me know what you think

cheers Pat

• Like 2

I have had a stroke of luck. I decided to empty the box that the Hotspur was in with lots of other kits. The idea being the remote chance that the missing wheel was in the box, yes I know ever the optimist !

So after emptying the box what did I find not a blooming thing.   :doh: I then thought what about under the 2 flaps of cardboard at the bottom, yes I know really desperate ! 

And there it was !! :yahoo:

Absolutely delighted.. :D

cheers Pat

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Now here’s a coincidence.

Yesterday I was assisting with the revamp of the Army Flying museum at  Middle Wallop and whilst tiedying the workshop I was required to move a wooden crate. Being inquisitive, (OK nosey) I lifted the lid and the sheet of cardboard covering the crate’s contents to find........... two Hotspur wheels (1:1 scale). 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Aeronut said:

Yesterday I was assisting with the revamp of the Army Flying museum at  Middle Wallop and whilst tiedying the workshop I was required to move a wooden crate. Being inquisitive, (OK nosey) I lifted the lid and the sheet of cardboard covering the crate’s contents to find........... two Hotspur wheels (1:1 scale). 🙂

Do they have the rest of the Hotspur to go with the wheels ?

• Haha 3

There is a part replica part restoration Hotspur on display. It contains original rear fuselage/tail plane, windscreen and wheels. The only other large Hotspur relic is a nose/cockpit section in the Dumfries aircraft museum

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aeronut said:

Hi Aeronut,

I am O so impressed that you can, at a single glance, ascertain that you are in the presence of a Hotspur's wheel!!! I am absolutely sure that I must have tripped many times on Hotspurs' wheels, but I never knew!!! Shame,,,

Was there a small tag on the relics?

Whatever, lucky you!

JR

20 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I have had a stroke of luck. I decided to empty the box that the Hotspur was in with lots of other kits. The idea being the remote chance that the missing wheel was in the box, yes I know ever the optimist !

So after emptying the box what did I find not a blooming thing.   :doh: I then thought what about under the 2 flaps of cardboard at the bottom, yes I know really desperate ! 

And there it was !! :yahoo:

Absolutely delighted.. :D

cheers Pat

Hi Pat,

I am glad I am not the only one to have fallen victim of the curse of the little cardboard flaps at the bottom of the bigger cardboard box!

That is usually where the canopy can be found...

Damn!

Glad you found the MIA wheel!

Keep having fun.

JR

• Like 2

Got to love a story with a happy ending :) Although the idea of a Hotspur on skis does sound rather cool as well.

• Like 1

I found this picture on the inter web showing the cockpit area, the kits one is completely bare so I will need to make some bits to go inside with the crew of 2 that come with the kit

IMG_4294

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat,

despite all the many gliding hours that I have logged, I think I would have passed trying to fly one of these assault gliders. 

Being at the controls of a grand piano in free fall may be less stressful. Or so it feels.

Following your epic build will/should be more peaceful... Famous last words.

Whatever befalls you, keep having fun!

JR

• Like 3

If the MoD budget cuts continue they could always turn to the second section of the film for inspiration and replace the Red Arrows with a formation team of Gliders. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 11:23 PM, Black Knight said:

Harts most likely

Possibly some Hectors too, some of those noses looked quite blocky to my eye, not streamlined like a Hart's closely cowled Kestrel.

Steve.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At last some progress to report

Windows fitted to fuselage 

IMG_4346

No your eyes don't deceive you, the plastic is nearly see through !

After some interior green, I added some detail to the cockpit, which hopefully will still be visible when the canopy is fitted

IMG_4347

A bit more green, then a quick oil wash, and its looks a bit more presentable 

IMG_4348

As you can also see I've started to paint the figures, I've gone for a lighter shade of brown as it's the Army that would be flying this glider, so Army brown is the order of the day !  

Cheers Pat

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I know what your thinking where the blooming heck did this one come from...

Well it started life in the recent Trainer GB, but never really got started. It suddenly occurred to me that I could potentially finish as part of this GB. Therefore so I couldn't be accused of favouritism I asked @Enzo Matrix to decide if it was ok to include it and he kindly moved it across.

Therefore, below is a photo of how it is as the moment and hopefully it can join the other Hotspurs in this GB which is something you don't hear every day !

IMG_4523

cheers Pat

• Like 9