This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tomoshenko

Airfix Dambuster - 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.III

Winnnnnnnerrrr!

Well done Tomo, proper job mate

👍

It's a thing of beauty. Enjoyed following the build, and it's come out wonderfully. The internals are fantastic - just knowing that they're there must be quite satisfying. Great job.

Justin

Excellent job on this one. I find it is always hard to get close ups clear and I bet you don't see that dust in reality. Close ups bring out every speck of dust. Anyway well done.

that is a real beauty , you have got some nice tonal variation in the black, really breaks up the monochrome colour 

I have seen that wing before...ah, that's right, in a helicopter build although it looks much better now. Very smart Tomoshenko, that oxide Upkeep adds a nice  little twist.

Superb model Tomo, must be one of the best Lanc builds I've seen, most excellent work!

Great build thread too!!

Keith

Very nice Dambuster there, great job

The crowd - quite rightly - are on their feet. 

Congratulations Tomo on a superb rendering. :clap:

Thanks very much for the kind comments all.

20 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Great work and i agree that the Tamiya NATO Black looks just right.

20 hours ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

that is a real beauty , you have got some nice tonal variation in the black, really breaks up the monochrome colour 

A difficult colour to weather and add tonal variation to whatever the scale. I find NATO black with light heavily diluted washes (filters) breaks down the blandness.

20 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Excellent job on this one. I find it is always hard to get close ups clear and I bet you don't see that dust in reality. Close ups bring out every speck of dust. Anyway well done.

Those damned macro shots never cut you any slack. When I looked at the piccie full size I exclaimed "flippin eck" (ok it was another expletive), but you're right at normal viewing even with a magnifying glass you can't see the dusty bits. Rubbing it with a cotton bud makes it worse as it attracts the dust via static.

That's one fantastic Dambuster!  The weathering and, as already mentioned, the tonal variations in the black are just outstanding.  Makes me want to get my kit out of storage and start up where I left off. 

Cheers,

Mark

• Wonderful build and finishing. Got to love a good Lanc. Well done.

Posted yesterday.... How did I miss this? I haven't been drinking or off my meds. 🤔

But never mind because I've seen it now, and what a stormer of a build that is. Nicely done with great weathering, and your artistic decision to go for the red primer coated payload pays dividends in visual interest. 😎

Well done and thank you for sharing. :goodjob:

A righteous build Tom, if a wee bit grubby, bring 'er along to Telford this year I'll shine 'er up...😉

Love it, very cool indeed