Airfix Dambuster - 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.III

Thanks very much for the kind comments all.

20 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Great work and i agree that the Tamiya NATO Black looks just right.

20 hours ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

that is a real beauty , you have got some nice tonal variation in the black, really breaks up the monochrome colour 

A difficult colour to weather and add tonal variation to whatever the scale. I find NATO black with light heavily diluted washes (filters) breaks down the blandness.

20 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Excellent job on this one. I find it is always hard to get close ups clear and I bet you don't see that dust in reality. Close ups bring out every speck of dust. Anyway well done.

Those damned macro shots never cut you any slack. When I looked at the piccie full size I exclaimed "flippin eck" (ok it was another expletive), but you're right at normal viewing even with a magnifying glass you can't see the dusty bits. Rubbing it with a cotton bud makes it worse as it attracts the dust via static.

Posted yesterday.... How did I miss this? I haven't been drinking or off my meds. 🤔

But never mind because I've seen it now, and what a stormer of a build that is. Nicely done with great weathering, and your artistic decision to go for the red primer coated payload pays dividends in visual interest. 😎

Well done and thank you for sharing. :goodjob:

• Like 1