Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Reini78

Soviet Pawn...1/48 Petlyakov Pe-2 "Peshka"

Recommended Posts

#3/2018

My dad´s third and last Soviet WW2 subject for now. The excellent Zvezda kit, Eduard seatbelts added, EZ Line for the antenna wires. For the AMT-1, -4, -7 and -12 camo my dad used the new AK Interactive Real Color Air paints.

Build thread here
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235047253-soviet-pawn148-petlyakov-pe-2-peshka/&page=2

12th Guards Divebomber Regiment in 1944

 

 

46311343894_3d7733401e_b.jpgDSC_0001 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46983372562_4d9fb74eb6_b.jpgDSC_0002 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46311342934_17c047068b_b.jpgDSC_0003 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46983371712_4b41108298_b.jpgDSC_0004 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46311342034_f09326b353_b.jpgDSC_0005 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

40070565413_738f97d3f7_b.jpgDSC_0006 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46311340854_956f7be547_b.jpgDSC_0007 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

40070564383_9e31062cc5_b.jpgDSC_0008 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46983369682_e7ca78a6ba_b.jpgDSC_0009 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

33160229478_386c6bb4ac_b.jpgDSC_0010 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46983368772_3f8955213b_b.jpgDSC_0011 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46983367892_568c9efbac_b.jpgDSC_0012 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

32093714657_d1cfcf0d91_b.jpgDSC_0014 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

32093714187_1c8f10fa04_b.jpgDSC_0015 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

33160227618_df177d0bbf_b.jpgDSC_0016 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

33160227238_5ba6e92a60_b.jpgDSC_0017 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

33160226798_e55a89caf1_b.jpgDSC_0018 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

33160226248_2636212007_b.jpgDSC_0019 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

32093711247_57ae5bf5f8_b.jpgDSC_0020 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

33160225368_3ca1b13ab7_b.jpgDSC_0021 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

40070558963_b8c483389c_b.jpgDSC_0023 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46983380362_fdecfb0978_b.jpgDSC_0002 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46983383372_9848161502_b.jpgDSC_0001 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

33160244508_0fa3f4991b_b.jpgDSC_0002 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

45390596615_c2399b341d_b.jpgDSC_0001 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46355011401_3fbe88292f_b.jpgDSC_0002 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

44538183730_1210ab6ca3_b.jpgDSC_0004 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

44538180820_cf21dde493_b.jpgDSC_0006 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

46355003951_52c85f05ac_b.jpgDSC_0007 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Superb! I love the camo work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!

Thanks for the open interior shots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 1:17 PM, usetherudders said:

Another stunning model, very nice.

 

20 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Very nice. The interior detailing looks superb.

 

19 hours ago, Nachtwulf said:

Superb! I love the camo work!

 

blue-tac/uhu-tac was of great help

 

19 hours ago, exdraken said:

Nice!

Thanks for the open interior shots!

 

The kit comes with full interior, would be a shame not to show it.

 

19 hours ago, cybershed said:

Love it! Well done with all the antennae rigging!

 

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:thumbsup:  Excellent work !

 

17 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

This is a stunner - lovely work - love this scheme

 

15 hours ago, RMCS said:

Lovley 

 

 

Thank you very much for the comments, appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question how did the decals react to AK-air real colors?

I have a bad experience

decal solutions dissolve and scorched the color I used their gloss varnish to.

I tried microscale, revell, and gunze
decal solutions for testing

 

 

By: P.k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive (exterior AND interior). Very happy to see such a nice build of one of my preferred twin prop aircraft (1) Mossie  2) Tigercat 3) Peshka)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it is 1/48, but Pe-2 models have come quite a way since Airfix's ancient offering.  Excellent paint job; weathered but subtle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful model Reinhard. Lovely colours and convincing weathering and detailing. And what a beautiful looking aeroplane that was.

 

Cheers

 

Malcolm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, politicni komisar said:

I have a question how did the decals react to AK-air real colors?

I have a bad experience

decal solutions dissolve and scorched the color I used their gloss varnish to.

I tried microscale, revell, and gunze
decal solutions for testing

 

 

By: P.k

 

My father used the AK paints only for the camo. For decal applying and sealing he used (semi)gloss clear coats from MRP (Mr Paint), Microsol for decal treatment, faced no problems. For the final flat clear coat he used Gunze H20.

 

 

10 hours ago, PattheCat said:

Impressive (exterior AND interior). Very happy to see such a nice build of one of my preferred twin prop aircraft (1) Mossie  2) Tigercat 3) Peshka)

 

4 hours ago, Natter said:

I know it is 1/48, but Pe-2 models have come quite a way since Airfix's ancient offering.  Excellent paint job; weathered but subtle.

 

2 hours ago, Baldy said:

Beautiful model Reinhard. Lovely colours and convincing weathering and detailing. And what a beautiful looking aeroplane that was.

 

Cheers

 

Malcolm

 

Thank you all very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Reini78 said:

 

My father used the AK paints only for the camo. For decal applying and sealing he used (semi)gloss clear coats from MRP (Mr Paint), Microsol for decal treatment, faced no problems. For the final flat clear coat he used Gunze H20.

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you all very much!

Thank you !!! For info, I will do the experiment again and use MRP Gloss varnish and we will see

 

Samo/P.k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another excellent model from your Dad Reini. How well did the AK paints spray? I'm thinking of having a go with them when I get a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, politicni komisar said:

Thank you !!! For info, I will do the experiment again and use MRP Gloss varnish and we will see

 

Samo/P.k

 

then good luck!

 

On 2/12/2019 at 8:45 PM, Greg Law said:

Another excellent model from your Dad Reini. How well did the AK paints spray? I'm thinking of having a go with them when I get a chance.

 

They worked fine. When my dad first sprayed AK Real Colors he used a Tamiya thinner and wasn´t so satisfied, but then he switched to AKs specific Real Color High Compatibility Thinner and now it works fine.

On the Peshka he used a 0,2mm airbrush nozzle without problems. He had best experience by pouring the thinner into the airbrush cup and then add only a very small amount of paint which is enough, you don´t need more. The paints make a nice smooth and even surface.  On Youtube you can find some useful vids about the AK Real Color range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding work as we've come to expect from your Dad Reini,impressive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another superbly finished model. It,s a shame that most of that interior detail is hidden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing build, Reinhard! Can’t take my eyes off her 👍

 

These paints looks excellent.

 

Cheers! 🙂

Edited by Nikolay Polyakov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Another superbly finished model. It,s a shame that most of that interior detail is hidden.

 

Sadly the case with many models..

 

10 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Amazing build, Reinhard! Can’t take my eyes off her 👍

 

These paints looks excellent.

 

Cheers! 🙂

 

Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this plane and I like this camouflages. 

Well done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely work, it certainly is a sleek looking aircraft.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...