KP 1/72 Mig-15 Uti

rafalbert

Hi guys,

My second entry will be the old KP kit which I believe is accurate in shape. The decals are shot, so I am stealing the DDR ones from the Mig-29 as replacements. Again, pics to follow.

Dave

• Like 4

Ian had painted the cockpit before he gave me the kit, so for reasons of expediency (laziness) I am leaving it as is. As there are no locating lugs, a bit of guesswork has been used as to where the cockpit tub should go.

IMG_20190217_200912

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat,

Many thanks for the offer. The KP kit may be accurate in outline but it does not go together too well. I have cleaned up the seam but lost some detail which is annoying. The join for the tailplane is less than ideal and will need some filler, and the nose ring has a huge step that will require attention. Still, that is part of this hobby!

IMG_20190303_195806

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not! A bit more progress has been made, a fair bit of filler applied to blend in the nose ring and tailplane. Now the wings are attached I will need to start a similar procedure with them.

IMG_20190316_221532

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting towards the end, and it has been a bit of a fight. The canopy is a terrible fit, and I will have to address it in the future as I do not have the patience at the moment. The purists will not be impressed as the roundels are incorrect (they should have a black outline), but I can live with it for the moment. I still need to apply the number on the nose and a few aerials but almost there.

IMG_20190417_200903

• Like 7

Thanks Cliff, and now I am finally finished (for the purposes of the GB). As I said before, the decals are wrong and the canopy is a terrible fit, both of which I will address in the future. The fit of parts was not great and it is definitely showing it's age, but it looks like a Mig 15 Uti which is the main thing. A skilled modeller with more time would undoubtedly make it sing but it will look ok on the shelf.

IMG_20190421_185544

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...