Wellington, 1/72, Airfix

I have just finished this, the new Wellington from Airfix and what a joy to build. 😀. It build OOB, i have only covered the side windows to march the ref. pictures that was found on the net. white is done by airbrush, green and grey with brush, all colors Humbrol. Clear and satin laquer from alclad by airbrush. Decals from the spare box.

Polish Wellington Mk IC DV597 "T" during take-off in Dale, 2nd half of 1942. This a/c attacked U-boat on two occasions: piloted by F/O Figura on August9, 1942, and Sgt Golebiowski on October 9, 1942

DV597_Ta20190208_16491020190208_16492320190208_164948Dale_hangarDale6

Cheers

Jes

• Like 42

1 hour ago, Touvdal said:

Dale6

Very nice result! 

Also very interesting photos. For example please note that the stencil is written in Polish, "Uwaga na śmigło" ("beware  of propeller")... It looks grey or yellow - rather not red if you keep in mind that the national insignia is red/white. BTW - I have just realized,  the white on insignia is much brighter on photo then fuselage/underside white! Maybe it was bacause the 304 th Squadron was shifted from BC missions to CC missions and white was painted on former black (Night) colour? It is known, that eEven some machines retained Dk Green/Dk Earth top colours, but not that one for sure - the contrast between two grey in TSS was low as on photos is...

Best regards and greetings from Krakow :)

J-W

• Like 3

Very nice Wellington, Jes!  What did you use to cover the windows?  Just curious as to why you airbrushed the white but not the grey and green.  Not that I can tell you used a brush, for your paintwork came out great.

Cheers,

Mark

16 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

Very nice Wellington, Jes!  What did you use to cover the windows?  Just curious as to why you airbrushed the white but not the grey and green.  Not that I can tell you used a brush, for your paintwork came out great.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark

I used the kit parts and just grinded them down gently.  I am not a big fan of the airbrush, hate all the masking, cleaning, setting up kompressor,  but with some colors it is unavoidable.

Enjoy just sitting down with my brush for maybe half and hour and paint a little. 😁😀

Cheers

Jes

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JWM said:

Very nice result! 

Also very interesting photos. For example please note that the stencil is written in Polish, "Uwaga na śmigło" ("beware  of propeller")... It looks grey or yellow - rather not red if you keep in mind that the national insignia is red/white. BTW - I have just realized,  the white on insignia is much brighter on photo then fuselage/underside white! Maybe it was bacause the 304 th Squadron was shifted from BC missions to CC missions and white was painted on former black (Night) colour? It is known, that eEven some machines retained Dk Green/Dk Earth top colours, but not that one for sure - the contrast between two grey in TSS was low as on photos is...

Best regards and greetings from Krakow :)

J-W

Interesting notes 😁😀, Dk Green/Dk Earth top colours , white underside could be fun.

cheers

Jes

• Like 1