Hawker Henley Target Tug 1/72 **FINISHED**

JOCKNEY

+1 for Klear/Future - make sure you drain it well by touching a corner on a kitchen towel to let the excess wick off, because for me at any rate it can tend to form a noticeable bead at the bottom edge otherwise. And because vacforms are so thin and uniform it really shows up. Maybe I need some newer or thinner Klear...

I hope it all goes back together without any more problems.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

I would second the use of five minute epoxy. Magna resin is thick and heavy and on the seven or so Magna kits I have built, I have used epoxy as the weight of the wings can weaken the fuselage joint 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a long overdue update.

Canopy extracted and side pods fitted, masking in early stages, it's going to be a complete swine !

IMG_4381

Freshly reassembled Henley, surprisingly looking none the worse after its crash !

IMG_4380

The colour scheme I have chosen is the bottom one L3276

IMG_4387

Beginning to apply some paint. Despite a good scrub with soapy water it's going to take a couple of coats

IMG_4386

I need to sort the air intake out, running out of days.........some things never change !

cheers Pat

• Like 5

Maybe cutting it fine for the deadline but after all the fight it's put up you're doing well to be progressing through this advanced stage Pat :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Still trying to finish, update of nose filling and still painting the canopy. Decided I have had enough of yellow painting, black next just for a change !

IMG_4394

IMG_4395

IMG_4396

There is still a canopy under there , honest !

cheers Pat

• Like 5

Rapidly running out of days, it's always the way isn't it !

Some more progress below

IMG_4404

IMG_4405

I honestly can't remember how many coats of flaming yellow paint I've done, but it's time for some black.

IMG_4407

The canopy is a real pain on this kit, the framing on the plastic is very difficult to see, so you need to constantly refer to the drawings

IMG_4406

Leakage past the masking tape is very disappointing after all it's not like I have got a few weeks to finesse it !

IMG_4408

More masking, don't say I didn't warn you ! 

Finally getting there, now for a clean up

IMG_4411

One last look at the interior before the canopy goes on

IMG_4413

IMG_4414

IMG_4415

I had to use a bit of filler for the canopy to fuselage join, but this should look ok once painted. Homemade Ariel above the cockpit. I have managed to lose the step that attaches to the lower wing, I will make something suitable after the GB most likely.

Now to find suitable decals, Hurricane ones would no doubt be suitable, now for a good rummage.

Fingers crossed this might make the gallery yet !

cheers Pat

• Like 6

I'm really liking this Pat, I would love a decent Henley, I reckon the RAF not proceeding with these & specifying them properly equipped as dive bombers was a massive mistake, just think what squadrons of Henley dive bombers could have achieved instead of Battles in France or Blenheim's in Malaya? Oh well, I can always dream. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

As Mrs Jockney was at a music festival tonight it was too good an opportunity not to get back to the Henley.

IMG_4417

IMG_4418

IMG_4419

The bald patch on the underside of the wing is where I keep breaking off the pitot tube !

The kit only came with serial numbers so I have been rummaging in the spare decal collection and believe I can make up what I need from the collection below.

IMG_4420

Might try to finish this tonight as I'm trying to host the Frog Squad GB and haven't started a build of my own yet !

cheers Pat

• Like 5

Just caught up with your build Pat. Very impressive I must say. It doesn't look like the easiest of kits. 

Cheers Allan

• Like 1

I'm calling this one done, thanks very much for all the support along the way. Whilst far from perfect I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

IMG_4421

IMG_4422

IMG_4423

IMG_4424

IMG_4425

Only my second ever Resin kit and my first Magna, not as bad as I had been led to believe. Then again resin can't be that difficult if @trickyrich can do them, can it ? ;)

Cheers Pat

• Like 6

That’s come out great Pat. It’s a shame I’ve missed this whole GB altogether as it appears there’s been many wonderfully built models on display in the Gallery. 

Now it’s time to get your Frog fix! 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

That is a lovely and distinctive model, complete with parts carved out of chunks of virgin resin. As Steve said above, we would all be pleased with that one. Now let’s see some Froggery!

Regards,

Adrian

• Haha 2

Excellent Pat, well done for getting a Magna kit over the finishing line and looking so good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rossm said:

Excellent Pat, well done for getting a Magna kit over the finishing line and looking so good.

Thanks very much Ross

The spare canopy will be winging its way to you on Monday, I would love to see your Henley when it's completed 

cheers Pat

• Like 1