Trumpeter (05207) aircraft carrier KIEV 1:550 - anyone built it?

bootneck

Hello all,

I like to build ship models to 1:350 and I also have a liking for Cold War ships of the USSR.  One of those ships is the aircraft carrier Kiev but there isn't a kit available in 1:350 scale and so I am considering opting for the Trumpy 1:550 version.

I haven't built ship kits to this scale before and could do with some info on how good the model is.  Anyone built it, is it worth getting?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Perhaps 1:550 is not so commonly used scale. I've got a Trumpeter Kiev in stash and some signs in the sky and on the earth do indicate I'll build it this (2019) year.

But it's a 1:700 waterline one...

Cheers

Michael

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 9:24 PM, bootneck said:

Hello all,

I like to build ship models to 1:350 and I also have a liking for Cold War ships of the USSR.  One of those ships is the aircraft carrier Kiev but there isn't a kit available in 1:350 scale and so I am considering opting for the Trumpy 1:550 version.

I haven't built ship kits to this scale before and could do with some info on how good the model is.  Anyone built it, is it worth getting?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Not sure what you did about this and I'm sure you trawled the internet like me. I found this one, and there are pictures of the parts but the reviewer is not very enthusiastic about it!

https://karopka.ru/community/user/15987/?MODEL=428066

Terry