At the 19th hole

Whofan

Browsing Telford last year I found some charming little kits of minion like subjects, and thinking - a change from planes, ships, afv's and motorbikes will be nice, and in any case I was charmed by them, so I picked up a couple of R2D2 minions and this little chappie.

These little resin figures seemed innocuous and easy to paint.

How wrong I was! As with the R2 D2 figures (RFI on SF and space) I found this to be a serious trial for my fingers, eyes and brush ........ you can see the trial I had cutting the "green" to fit the base! Lots of learning and finding out how to do things!

But I had fun putting it and the little vignette together, with our little friend wondering why he's stuck at the 19th hole, which is, as I've said before, the point of this here hobby!

f896f26c-9bd4-43ae-8e8e-d2acc8b0442a.JPG

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 7
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Jim Wasley said:

Great little Figure and a good use of imagination,and about the best thing I liked about golf was at the nineteenth was the cold beer.☺️,Cheers.

Thanks Jim, I think the way it is cast lends itself to making any number of amusing little “scenes”.

• Like 1

This is absolutely delightful.  Now for a soundtrack, all you need is the bit by Robin Williams about how the game of golf was invented!  :frantic:

You've also reminded me that I've the the Austerlitz one of these little guys that I need to dig out and get painted.  Only wish there were a Napoleon one to go with him.  I'll have to peek again and see if I can find one that could be suitably modified.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love it, although our little yellow friend should have a word with the green keeper, it’s no wonder the ball stopped on the edge with the cup at the top of the hole!