Minions in space ............. ?? R2 D2bananaas!

I'm not entirely sure about these, whether they belong in figures, or SF and real space.

Given Star Wars is SF, I plumped for this .

As a change from planes - well planes, a ship or two, a few AFV's and a motorbike, I found these charming little kits at Telford last year.

Along with the two R2 D2 minions, I also picked up a golfer minion (RFI in figure modelling)  and thought I'd try my hand at a figure jobbie, thinking - it's resin - a few parts  what could go wrong?

Ummmmmmmmmm  .................  when I'd finished, I realised quite a lot! The actual painting turned out to be a bit of a 'mare, as they say. I've realised my fingers, a brush, and advancing years aren't quite the best combo to paint straight lines for a start!

I was going to use one for practice, and then the second would be the "best" version ... how wrong could I be? They're both as bad as the other!🙄

I also hit on the idea of a little display, and found myself using two R2 D2's and a cunning pun, loosely based on the scene on Tattooine where R2 D2 is trundling along the path just before the Jawas find him.

I found it great fun putting it together, and I think I learnt a lot about figure painting in small scale!

c81b200f-c48a-434d-9b75-366b39d75f07.JPG

resized_b0941ba5-6bb3-4667-a453-5e54a77f

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 15
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, The Chief Smeg said:

This is the first time I’ve seen any of these little fellas painted - they look really good. I’m really struggling not to buy a couple myself now!

I must thank you kind sir, but I’m sure that’s a function of the design rather than the maker!

I think you’d be delighted by them, as I was. 

• 4 months later...

I like the humour and the execution on display here. As R2 himself might say: "Wripple, Bleep-Bleep. Klip, Tootle!"

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.   

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...