Blenheim Mk.1. 44 Squadron, RAF Waddington, 1938

Another one bites the bench dust. This time the new Airfix Blenheim. 

Peach of a kit. Up to the usual standard of todays Airfix. One small gripe..... The rear turret is a work of art ...but ...why oh why did they not go the extra few feet and make a gun that looks like a gun.

Decals are from Xtra decal. However I used the kits decals for the roundels...…….. they were fantastic, as good as after market ones. Well done Airfix.

Anyway on to the pics.

Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking

Dick

DPP_00030

DPP_00031

DPP_00032

Edited by jenko
spelling
  • Like 38

4 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Beautiful work. is you have any problems with the cockpit glazing/ I know I did.

Love the paint scheme too.

Not really. I fixed one side at a time , then pulled both sides together 

Dick

• Like 1

Nice Blenheim build Dick, looks like a cracking kit. Now not wanting to spoil the party, however I should mention that you probably should have stuck with the Xtradecals upper wing roundels as (for this period) these would have been the earlier Type A1, the same as the fuselage roundels. I'll admit to preferring to use the new Airfix decals wherever possible, however not in this particular area on this kit for this time period. 

I hope these comemnts do not distract from what is a superb build. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Dave,

The decals I used were the same style for the aircraft. Just saving the Xtra decals for a later date...………….. It's the Yorkshire man in me :cheers:

Dick

3 hours ago, jenko said:

Hi Dave,

The decals I used were the same style for the aircraft. Just saving the Xtra decals for a later date...………….. It's the Yorkshire man in me :cheers:

Dick

Dick,

I see whats happened here. Once again I apologise for raising this issue however I do believe that Xtradecals may have led you down the wrong path here.

The pre Munich Crisis period is well documented and the photograph below confirms my initial suspicion about these upper wing roundels.

Now there's every chance that K7133 wore Type B upper wing roundels at some point, however the fuse roundels would have 'normally' been changed at the same time and the numeral '44' replaced with 'JW' pre-war squadron codes.

Anyway, I 'll leave it at that.

Cheers.. Dave  

33156898348_f75c188012_b.jpg

• Thanks 1