1 72 scale tribwagen armoured railcar dio

bazer

Hi guys a scratch built 1 72 scale tribwagen armoured railcar i am building model as i used to build r/c aircraft models in two halves. sides cut and tacked together, ribs glued to sides,  lower half of car built same as top ie sides and ribs,  cutting all angled parts to build upper part of car attaching lower sides of car to upper part , turrets came from two kits scratch built skirts 
there was only one of these built towards end of war and not much info to where it was used .

AjaxHandlerFLNSW0SM.pngAjaxHandlerHG7UKF0L.pngAjaxHandler3PE38RAA.pngAjaxHandlerA0OYNSED.pngAjaxHandlerXE204YH0.pngtriwagen2 001triwagen2 002triwagen2 005triwagen2 004triwagen2 003triwagen2 006

• Like 24

I guess sometimes it takes a while to warm up 🙂 ... I like this thing though, it's quite unusual, never seen anything like it. It's beautifully made and the scene you've depicted is really nicely detailed. I like the guy in the middle, taking a breather. And the fact that you scratched this in that small scale, wow. What are the actual dimensions of the build?

Btw this would also be a great subject for the dio section I think.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I guess sometimes it takes a while to warm up 🙂 ... I like this thing though, it's quite unusual, never seen anything like it. It's beautifully made and the scene you've depicted is really nicely detailed. I like the guy in the middle, taking a breather. And the fact that you scratched this in that small scale, wow. What are the actual dimensions of the build?

Btw this would also be a great subject for the dio section I think.

Thanks JeroenS, it is 8 inches overall.

Well I like it!  A lot.  Mistook it for the Trumpeter 1/35 offering at first.  Producing something that good is evolution's way of telling you to give up the wingy thingies for good!

I'm sure I've mentioned before on this site that UM do a fair few armoured train kits in 1/72, but this is one they don't do - obviously.  Their offerings are mostly Russian but they do some of the smaller German railcars, if you're into that sort of thing.  You need one of their Russian MBV-2 kits (they do 3 - and there were only 2 real ones!) as a companion piece to this.  Sort of equivalents, although a few years apart.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Well I like it!  A lot.  Mistook it for the Trumpeter 1/35 offering at first.  Producing something that good is evolution's way of telling you to give up the wingy thingies for good!

I'm sure I've mentioned before on this site that UM do a fair few armoured train kits in 1/72, but this is one they don't do - obviously.  Their offerings are mostly Russian but they do some of the smaller German railcars, if you're into that sort of thing.  You need one of their Russian MBV-2 kits (they do 3 - and there were only 2 real ones!) as a companion piece to this.  Sort of equivalents, although a few years apart.

Thanks all.....

I have a couple of um kits also two armoured train kits one built and the other in progress.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

🤯🤯🤯 Awe struck !

Thanks for comments😊.

6 hours ago, John_W said:

Very nice. Will you ever run out of "guns on trains" to model? ;)

Thanks John ,have posted all I have built over last couple of years.....But have just finished a W W  1 American rail gun not got any photos yet ,also have three more in planning stages .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 2:12 AM, bazer said:

WOW ......THREE likes out of 54 views , is there no interest in 1 72 scale on this SITE or no interest in scratch build.?😥.

I guess sometimes you just got to guilt people into noticing. ;)

It is pretty nice, thiugh

• Like 1