1:48 Airfix Spitfire mkVb

Isak

Hi

New member here, this is my second model after a 20 year break. It is modeled after an aircraft from 332 (Norwegian) sq, flown by Alf Widerberg. Decals are from Vingtor, worked great. Built out of the box, added wine bottle foil seat-belts an IFF-aerials made of my wife's hair. Painted with Humbrol Enamels. I made a few errors, such as managing to get the wing walkway line over the upper wing roundels and the light mixed grey turned out  almost as light as the medium sea grey, etc. Overall I'm still happy with it

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Isak

DSC_0011

DSC_0009

DSC_0007

DSC_0004

DSC_0003

DSC_0002

DSC_0014

• Like 35

Well that's a pretty good effort after a long lay off from modelling. Nice attention to detail and it's good to see that you didn't fall into the trap of orange rusty exhausts and red crowbars! I like your wife's hair - just right for the IFF aerials!

Cheers

Malcolm

30 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Well that's a pretty good effort after a long lay off from modelling. Nice attention to detail and it's good to see that you didn't fall into the trap of orange rusty exhausts and red crowbars! I like your wife's hair - just right for the IFF aerials!

Cheers

Malcolm

Thank you.

The exhausts are indeed rust red under several layers of dry brushed different metallic. Tried to achieve something resemling heated metal. 

I'm quite happy with the aerials, they are quite strong too

20 minutes ago, F-32 said:

That's lovely work, really nice

Thank you