Italeri C-47.70 Stormo Italy 1963.****Finished*****

stevej60

Hi folk's,Second build goes against everything I should avoid namely Silver and Gloss white finishes! I love Italian roundel's on an aircraft

and the scheme should look great if I ever get it finished.Same boxing as my other entry here's the proposed scheme.

20190208_112322

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

Hi folk's,a start made on the two build's interior assembled, this build will have the cargo door's closed as you can see they are a good fit

no filler needed a base coat of interior green applied.

20190210_191206

20190210_204234

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Vincenzo64 said:

caution:
I do not think that the aircraft you are reproducing, of the 70th Wing, had the big left hatch, rather the normal access door ...... I suggest you consult the photos of the real aircraft.

Thank's Vincenzo,I think you are correct the few photos of Italian c-47's show no cargo door only artwork on a couple of site's show aircraft

with the cargo door's,I'll fill it in and re-scribe.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, John_W said:

Some do have the cargo door. Found this when I built mine for Radial Engines Rock GB

Thank's John,would you believe I was just about to post an update,filled and sanded then rescribed the area today,I'm going to paint the fuselage

and wing's before assembly on this one,I ditched the interior aft of the cockpit so I can get the windows in from the inside had a dry run should be OK.

20190218_180459

• Like 8

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, stevej60 said:

,I ditched the interior aft of the cockpit so I can get the windows in from the inside

Thanks for this suggestion, may come in hand when I start my delayed  build.

Hi folk's had to do a fair bit of sanding especially on the fuselage top surface with that white finish in mind,now done,rescribed and as you can

see nicely primed.

20190227_122219

• Like 7

Hi folk's this one going well,sprayed the lower fuselage and fitted wing's after adding the glazing.Now masked up for primer then silver

on the wing's etc.

20190301_192302

• Like 9

12 hours ago, janneman36 said:

What kind of silver paint are you using?

Hi Janneman,Tamiya rattle can silver over their gray primer,it spray's well and gives a good polished look but can be toned down easily for a 

worn finish.

DSC01122

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folk's this one's moving again after removing the masking waiting for the inevitable disaster I was pleased to see all was well with the silver

finish,so masked the nose for painting.

20190311_123556

• Like 3

Hi folk's,the build of the two  I thought would be the most trouble seem's to be running the smoothest,the white of the decal's have no density thankfully

with two build's of the kit I have been able to double up on the roundel's the fuselage roundel even has a third white disc included,just busy spraying the

tailplanes outside before work.Again I've used the wrong intake's but with the silver finish I'm not going to risk cutting them off so they will stay.Wheel's

fitted as you can see.

20190315_105726

Edited by stevej60
new photo
  • Like 8