1:48 GWH F-15E vs. Eduard Striking Eagles boxing of the Academy kit

is it windy yet?

Not as much out there on the GWH F-15E as I thought there might be. Looks like that kit is currently the top of heap, and the most current configuration of the jet. My question is if the Eduard Striking Eagles release of the Academy kit is a worthy competitor to the GWH kit?  No so worried how current the configuration is, as it will the one and only F-15E on the shelf. Both kits are loaded up with weapons, which is what I want. Eduard kit has nice nozzles, decals, seats and wheels which is about the only details that will be visible on the shelf. I can get a second hand boxing of the Eduard kit for about the same money or perhaps a bit less than the GWH boxing.  Opinions, thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

Agree with what Bobski has said - The GWH kit looks outstanding, I've 2 in the stash to build. If money is an issue, Revell. If not, GWH.

I've built 6 Revell F-15Es - a great kit, fit is excellent as is the detail, but as exdraken has said, needs some parts to bring it top to modern spec. The GWH kit has everything (my one gripe is that there isn't a bigger selection of bombs - but there are plenty available elsewhere.)

I also have the GWH kit in the stash and as stated, it looks stunning. One of those kits that I’m building myself up to starting, want to do it justice!! I’d imagine it will also be another GWH kit that will become difficult to get hold of in the future.

Muzz

• 3 weeks later...

I've built a few of the Revell kits and they are great, as everyone has mentioned. I picked up the Hasegawa missles and bombs sets to enhance the Revell kits. I've not built the GWH kit yet; however, I'm currently working on the GWH F-15C kit and its pretty good. The detail is excellent but the tolerances are tight, if you are off in one area, it will come back and bite you later.