ITALERI F-104 G Starfighter 1/32 ,,MARINE,, ****NEW PICS***

Lovely work Werner, really good job.

Are you familiar with the Rob Calvert/Hawkwind concept Album “Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters”? It’s quite bizarre but is all about the introduction of the Starfighter into West German service and what a disaster it was. At one point someone with a cod German accent shouts “Does anyone want to buy a Starfighter? Then buy a piece of ground and wait.”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goggsy said:

Lovely work Werner, really good job.

Are you familiar with the Rob Calvert/Hawkwind concept Album “Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters”? It’s quite bizarre but is all about the introduction of the Starfighter into West German service and what a disaster it was. At one point someone with a cod German accent shouts “Does anyone want to buy a Starfighter? Then buy a piece of ground and wait.”

Thank you my friend

I am sorry i dont know this Album, can i buy it anywhere or is it in any forum? Hehehehehe yes i know this joke to wait till a starfighter crashed on my ground hehehehe.

• Like 1

I don't know how I missed this one! Beautiful Strarfighter Werner. Lovely finish and nice weathering. You have got the colours just right. I have one of these in the stash and I paid £50 at a model show - many people bought the kit and found it to be under par I think. Like their Mirage III, the Italeri F-104 looks disappointing but the finished article looks excellent.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Thank you my friend

I am sorry i dont know this Album, can i buy it anywhere or is it in any forum? Hehehehehe yes i know this joke to wait till a starfighter crashed on my ground hehehehe.

Probably any good record shop will have it, it’s also on YouTube;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BWipIji35Cg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Beautiful F-104. Sorry to hear it was disappointing upon opening the kit box. What ever problems the kit has/had, you overcame them wonderfully.

• Thanks 1

Wonderful, remember in the 80's the Marine Starfighters flying over the house. There was a low flying route close to our home in the east of the Netherlands. You did a very good job!

• Thanks 1

Well, first of all, it's a Starfighter. 😎 Has any aircraft anywhere ever had a cooler name than that?  I doubt it. 😉  I love them in any scheme or livery and this one is just terrific Werner!   Great paint work and attention to detail, especially the touch of weathering.  The second set of photos are just outstanding, she looks best in her natural surroundings and what could be more natural than an ex-airbase?  Great job all around and thanks for taking the effort to make the airbase pics.   That's the final touch in my opinion.  :clap2:

• Thanks 1

Great model and fantastic pictures.

Is the old Oldenburg airbase open to the public? The father of a collegue of mine was a tower controller there in the old days.

Volker

• Thanks 1

@Gary....thank you so much for your kind comment, i appreciate it much.

@Volker,Thank you too,yes the main gate is open for public, coz a lot of refugees living there now, but only the area of old barracks,  If you want enter the former flight line, Tower, or the shelters, then you have to go to the office and asking the officer, useally he let you go there. The office of him is on the left side of the staff building.

• Like 1