ITALERI F-104 G Starfighter 1/32 ,,MARINE,, ****NEW PICS***

Hi fellas

When i check up this thread of ,, Ready for Inspection-Aircraft,, i have noticed that so small amount of german aircrafts, especially in 1/32 got here posted. So i will bring a little change in it hehehe and share to you my ,,widow maker,, how we germans call it in the past.

I built this kit when the hype was so big around this new mold Starfighter, we went so eager, so excited when we saw the first pics of it, because the old Hasegawa kit was not state of the art anymore.

So the bidders was so crazy this time at ebay and pay a lot of money for this kit, me not, i was waiting a while till the hype goes cold, and when they paid more than 100 Euros for it, so i paid only 56,00 Euros this time, and to be honest, i was a bit disapponted when i hold the ,,new mold,, kit in my hands. I was expecting to see a kit as it made in Tamiya quality, but that was an disillusion and i was a bit sad.

But ok, the kit was there once in my stash and i was curious to build it. The fitting was not perfect and some panel lines looks like washed and not sharp. But i thought ok i do my best to get a ,,almost,, good model, not perfect but atleast i have a F-104 in 1/32 on my shelf.

The big surprise was the decals, these decals was one of the best i ever work with, really great.

I paint it in Bundesmarine, federal navy look which i really like so long time already. I used Vallejo and Tamiya colours.

here we go

comp_dscf1327dukmc.jpg

comp_dscf1326wak2y.jpg

comp_dscf1328c7j2i.jpg

comp_dscf1331aek7a.jpg

comp_dscf1332e4jxw.jpg

comp_dscf1333ibjyo.jpg

comp_dscf13343bkx4.jpg

comp_dscf1335efk09.jpg

comp_dscf1336inj5x.jpg

comp_dscf1338l3jlr.jpg

comp_dscf1339e4kls.jpg

comp_dscf1340rpk3c.jpg

Greets 

Werner

Edited by Harry Callahan
  • Like 62

Thank you my friends

yesss the Vikings, what a nice rememberance, i never see them live, but i watch them in few videos, and Lieutenant Colonel Axel Ostermann have written a nice book about his time at the Vikings.

Hi,

my favorite F-104 paint scheme (OK, along with the high viz AMI paint schemes!).

A smashing model build.

Congratulations.

JR

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello mates

Same as at the F-84F Thunderstreak in 1/48, i want share to you new pics what i made yesterday at the abandoned air base from ex-JaboG 43 in Oldenburg, coz it was cloudy weather, perfect for a photo shooting, i hate hard sun light at model photographing.

Hope you like it.

dscf47129djdi.jpg

dscf4713vfjzm.jpg

dscf4714sbjxd.jpg

dscf4715j6kbc.jpg

dscf471690jx6.jpg

dscf4717t5kqs.jpg

dscf4721n9jgz.jpg

dscf472358jzv.jpg

dscf4724ojkck.jpg

dscf4725elja8.jpg

dscf4727r3jck.jpg

dscf47286mjrq.jpg

dscf4730ytkpj.jpg

dscf4743pdk7g.jpg

• Like 13

Beautiful F-104 Werner. One of my favourite aircraft, with many memories for me at 60's, 70's and 80's air shows in the UK. The Vikings displays are still uppermost in my memory of the best! What paint did you use for the orange dayglo? As @Beazer mentions, it really is on the money!

Terry

• Like 1

Hi fellas

Thank you for your kind comments.

Terry, thank you too, yes i remember my first visit at a ,,Open Day,, at Ahlhorn air base in year 1974, i saw many Starfighters in the sky with a really especially sound, unforgetable.

The dayglo paint job. 

1.) White primer

2.) sanding with 2000

3.) Yellow base coat

4.) again sanding with 2000

5.) Orange Revell 30 in very thin layers, some areas more, some areas less covering, to share used and worn effects.

I hope it helps you.

• Thanks 1