ACADEMY Tiger II King Tiger 1/35

Hi friends

Here i want share to you my Academy King Tiger, which i built last year, i hope thats ok with you that i posting also models from my past. It was my first AFV from Academy, before i built always Tamiya, Dragon, Italeri and Revell. But the Academy kit was really a nice kit, even some parts have to many pieces, example the front machine gun holder have 6 pieces, where the Tamiya one have just 3 pieces, but the fitting was really well and it was a joy to build  this kit.

As you can see i am not a huge fan of tons of mud, maybe thats could be good for a diorama, but if i build my models just for the shelf then i dont make it so much dusty or muddy, coz i want show the model and not the mud.

I wanted build a late version, so i paint it in a very light Dunkelgelb, the green is lightening NATO green from Tamiya even the brown too.

so here we go

_igp7398dykph.jpg

_igp74005qjm4.jpg

_igp7404xkkj0.jpg

_igp740533jcs.jpg

_igp741270joa.jpg

_igp7413lsjpv.jpg

_igp7387fikgx.jpg

_igp7388a1j4h.jpg

_igp7389lbkpb.jpg

Cheers 

Werner

• Like 20

That looks great Harry. The camo is just right to my eyes, I like the faded look and the chipping sets

it off very well. The Tamiya NATO Brown always seems to turn out reddish for me but I see you have it

looking "brown" so how did you lighten it?

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

That looks great Harry. The camo is just right to my eyes, I like the faded look and the chipping sets

it off very well. The Tamiya NATO Brown always seems to turn out reddish for me but I see you have it

looking "brown" so how did you lighten it?

Take care,

Lloyd

Thank you my friend

the NATO brown i lighten it not with white surely, but with Tamiya,, Buff,, you can also take XF-59 or 60 for it.

Edited by Harry Callahan

Hi Werner,  nice KT, very good looking paint job.  I have one in the stash to build, unless I change my mind before I build it I was going with extra armour plates on the rear deck and late single link tracks.

Bob

• Like 1

Hi Werner

I have just bought the Takom Maus V2 and Aber gun barrels, I'm thinking Maus and KT in octopus schemes, trying to keep those pesky T34's out of Berlin. :hmmm: 

Must finish Panzer IV GB first.

Bob

• Like 1

Guten Tag Werner,

Das ist ein wunderbarer Panzer !! Ich leibe die.... er... um..... faded camouflage and those rusty exhaust pipes.

That's the most German I've written in 40 years!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Hello badder

wow not bad.................you write german very well, ok it calls ich liebe ihn, but i will not blame to you hehehehe......... because german language is very difficult, i know a lot of germans who cannot speak perfect german, so dont worry.

Thank you for your kind words

That’s a really lovely model and tastefully weathered too, however, it seems the crew really didn’t want anyone stealing their nice new bucket because they’ve secured it with a great big shackle. That bucket ain’t going anywhere in a hurry any time soon! 😁

• Like 1