1/72 Airfix C-47 D-Day with Foxbot Decals, Completed

DJJunis

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Excellent progress Don,this look's a superb kit too.

Thanks Steve! The kit fought me a bit at a few spots but nothing that some fiddling and a bit of filler can't fix. To be honest I've built several of the new era Airfix kits lately this one tried me the most but as I said nothing major just modeling. One tip I have is on all the latest releases by Airfix that I have built it is imperative to dry fit in my opinion...it will save tons of grief.  If you do get this kit be careful of the clears they are very brittle.

Right now it's all primed and the bottom has its grey..next the OD...then some green patches...deicer boots and then......the infamous invasion stripes...oh joy!

All the Best!

Don

• Like 1

Good Day All,

Did some painting on the C-47 but ran into a supply train issue with the OD paint....darn logistics...there should ALWAYS be OD paint in supply! LOL!

In any case while the new supply gets trucked in I worked on the landing gear and the remaining small parts getting them cleaned up and painted where possible. Here's a few pictures of the progress.

Enjoy...and as always all comments are appreciated.

All the Best!

Don

BTvQXP3.jpg

kLuz4em.jpg

TsJGTyb.jpg

rDLeqb3.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day All,

Hope everyone's week has gone well. Managed to finish off the main painting on the C-47. Next are the stripes...lovely. In any case hope you enjoy the pics and as always any comments are always appreciated. 

All the Best!

Don

EZrLqva.jpg

suYl9RB.jpg

CJKAcqf.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Now that is starting too look nice, great paintjob..

cheers, Jan

Cheers Jan,

Just started masking off the stripes....oh joy! All this tape for about 5 minutes worth of spraying...LOL! We're getting there though....anxious to check out these Foxbot decals! 

All the Best!

Don

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day All,

For some reason I had a very hard time connecting to the site that last few days. Well no matter. Here are some pics as of a few days ago. It has progressed further since these were taken. Next pics will with it with the de-icers painted , cleared and decaled.  Hope you enjoy the progress so far.

All the Best!

Don

Wzl2i6P.jpg

6KkfuXq.jpg

LBosefs.jpg

muyh73W.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Wow I have not been able to even get to the site for several days...I was getting an error ...well it seems to be fixed now. Made more progress. These pics show the decals on. As for the FOXBOT decals I will never use them again. They are extremely thin, translucent and brittle, not a great combination. It was like using very old decals. In any case I got them on though it was a battle. RIght now I am putting the matt coat on so the next pics will be of the completion. Well enough of that onto the pics.

All the Best!

Don

fRmBfmG.jpg

KXrPdo9.jpg

APOXfiz.jpg

hTJxT9l.jpg

RrwHZEw.jpg

i70UV3G.jpg

78sHFcg.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, janneman36 said:

That is a very good looking and different noseart, i love every inch of it Don:popcorn:

cheers, Jan

Thanks Jan ....much appreciated. nearly there...the matt finish turned out really well.  So onto the little bits and pieces. 

All the Best!

Don

• Like 1

Good Day All,

I was able to find some time to complete my D-Day C-47 today. As with every model I do it's not perfect but I am happy to add it to my collection. I would like to thank Patrice for taking the time to run this group build. It was, as usual, a learning experience which I enjoyed. I would also like to thank Paul & Jan for all the comments, information and support.  Well enough with the chat on with the pictures. 

All the Best!

Don

GVk0sZW.jpg

Au6tARD.jpg

0yihjpK.jpg

riqmKT1.jpg

Xpi3qjB.jpg

Tg6fCbM.jpg

JgjM5Md.jpg

syKBBUl.jpg

Nib2O7W.jpg

o3yjviC.jpg

• Like 6

On 4/26/2019 at 4:00 AM, CliffB said:

A beautiful build Don :goodjob:.  

I suppose I really should get on and finish mine now - yet another D Day C-47!

Cliff...thank you!

Yep....no excuses now! LOL

• Haha 1