Hazard lights/warning lights in 1/24 scale

Chrissy_J

Try searching for '1/24 light bar', that may bear fruit.

Here's one

http://www.policecarmodels.com

No promises as to reliability or accuracy, but I do recall seeing the name in old copies of Scale Auto Magazine back when I bought it (quite a while ago, admittedly).

Failing that, make a master and learn the fine and noble art of plunge moulding... :D

• Like 1

I should add - if you want dome lights then a suitable length of clear sprue can be turned to shape with the aid of a Dremel tool or drill and shaped with file, sandpaper, knife etc then polished with Micromesh and/or Tamiya polish. Paint as required and glue to a suitable base.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob G said:

Try searching for '1/24 light bar', that may bear fruit.

Here's one

http://www.policecarmodels.com

No promises as to reliability or accuracy, but I do recall seeing the name in old copies of Scale Auto Magazine back when I bought it (quite a while ago, admittedly).

Failing that, make a master and learn the fine and noble art of plunge moulding... :D

Some interesting designs there, worth considering. I don't mind them being clear, I can paint them as required.

I'm not starting down the path of making my own parts though, so far it's been a lot of effort for very little reward; I can't achieve the finish I want.

5 hours ago, sennapod said:

How about LED of suitable dimensions (RS Components) with Tamiya Clear Orange X-26??

I've done this before in 1/35 scale but I haven't yet found the right size for 1/24. Good idea, though, but I'm looking for light bars as well.

3 hours ago, Rob G said:

I should add - if you want dome lights then a suitable length of clear sprue can be turned to shape with the aid of a Dremel tool or drill and shaped with file, sandpaper, knife etc then polished with Micromesh and/or Tamiya polish. Paint as required and glue to a suitable base.

This is another one of those moments when I wish I had a mini lathe (along with needing air intake trumpets, cone filters and rolled exhaust ends). But it's worth trying. 

Edited by Chrissy_J

Must simple round things can be 'machined' in an electric drill. It's not elegant, but with care it works. Intake trumpets don't even need the drill- aluminium tube, a scalpel and a centre punch will replicate them with ease.

6 hours ago, Rob G said:

Intake trumpets don't even need the drill- aluminium tube, a scalpel and a centre punch will replicate them with ease.

That's a damn fine idea, and one I can easily try - I just bought a set of punches for work. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Chrissy_J said:

That's a damn fine idea, and one I can easily try - I just bought a set of punches for work. Thanks!

No worries. Use the scalpel on the inside to make a thin edge, then gently stretch the opening until it flares. The trick is getting a set the same- I've got close with 2 for motorbikes but I've yet to manage a decent match for more.

There may be YouTube videos.