MRC GALLERY Sikorsky HH-34G 1/48 German Navy

Hi guys

Here i want share to you my MRC Gallery Sikorsky HH-34 G of the german Navy in the 60th. I used also the great EDUARD photo etch parts which are much more better than the PE parts of the kit. I have liked this version from first sight because of the dayglow paint which is a nice contrast to the silver body of the helicopter.

I paint it with Vallejo aluminium and the panel lines i airbrush it with Tamiya X-19 smoke to get a worn effect.

For the pictures i drove together with my wife more than one hour through the country side to find a fitting location and my wish was to get a special lights, so we had waited till 3.30pm in winter 2017 when the sun setting already

comp_dscf3185cnk7f.jpg

comp_dscf3186tfjji.jpg

comp_dscf317367jic.jpg

comp_dscf3176dkjgw.jpg

comp_dscf3177faj2t.jpg

comp_dscf317871kdc.jpg

comp_dscf3180ssk7p.jpg

comp_dscf3184cij7o.jpg

comp_dscf3187ubj59.jpg

comp_dscf31907rk4p.jpg

comp_dscf31899mjeh.jpg

comp_dscf31691sjmz.jpg

Cheers

Werner

Edited by Harry Callahan
  • Like 59
  • Thanks 2

Anybody... who can make a 1/144th scale helicopter kit look like that, should be on my hit list for being too good at this modelling malarkey.  :boxing:

But I'm not a socio-path or similar, so I'll just sit here in wonder and compliment you on an absolutely amazing and fantastic job you've done there! :cheers:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Callahan said:

i am so so sorry, my mind was still at 1/144 submarine, when i posted the helicopter, i hope i will not be slaughtered now😄

Of course the heli is in 1/48

Mmmm.. 🤔 I don't believe you.. I think you're just running scared and it really is 1/144th scale. 🤣

Still a great job though. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is not fair if you take a picture of a life size helicopter and describe it as a model. Seriously, this is just an awesome build! Love the rotor head, the screens around the cockpit and those little wires you've got here and there for realism. Every time I re-look at this I see something else that just amazes me. And nice photography too - Great job all around!

Edited by Harold55
Fixed wording
  • Thanks 1

Hello friends

Thank you so much for your kind words and your compliments. If some of you want see it live, you can go to the European Model Expo in Lingen/ Germany at march 30 and 31, i will be there, hope i can meet some guys of you.

BTW, i am sorry for the german text, in my settings i change it in long time ago, that if i watch english forums it getting automatically translate in german language, and when i written my text in english to my HH-34 yesterday it gets already translate in german when i press the button for sharing.

Cheers 

Werner

• Like 2

Hello Harry,

An excellent replica from this former German Navy Air Arm (Marineflieger) workhorse.

They do not make them like that anymore. Regards, Orion

• Like 1