DreamModels DMTOOL05 scriber & riveting tool

Fatcawthorne

Hello BMers all round the world.

I have broken the second example of my favourite favourite scriber.  I have a concrete floor in the man-cave and these do not bounce well as the groove tip is amazingly brittle.

DMTOOL05A v2

I have just bought the last remaining one at Hannants as I type but the last one lasted 2 weeks!!!!

Do any of you know how to get in touch with DreamModel directly or know of any store that sells just the tips as the whole set is £30ish so if I could source a few spare tips rather than a whole pack then I'd be well chuffed. 

The DreamModel website www.dreammodel.com.cn has been out of action for some time and I can't trace them using more Google Search parameters than you can shke a stick at.  They must have a home somewhere as they make loads of etch and turned pitot type products which are available around the net. 

Heeeeeelllllpppp!!!!

TIA Chris

• 2 months later...

Wow, that is frustrating. I hope you figure that out, seems like a logical option to have tips/spares for such an expensive tool. I am not in a position to buy something that pricey at the moment, so I buy these blackhead removal tools in women's facial care sections at the mall, they are quite small handles, but the point is extremely small and sharpe. I too just dropped mine today on the tile floor, of course at a perfect 90 degree angle, folding the tip over so badly, it might be good for knitting now. At about a dollar each, I won't lose sleep over it.

Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for!

Anthony