ITALERI Leopard 1A3

Hi guys

Ok i know this is a very old kit, i think around 40 years is the construction old, but my intention was to present an old kit which looks still really fine if you try to make a good paint and weathering job, i dont know if i get managed it, its your choice if you like it or not😁

The build gets out of the box include the bad vinyl tracks, because we didnt have any Friul, MENG, easy metal, or Bronco tracks in the 70 and 80th, right?

For the paint job i use a different range of colours, as Vallejo, Tamiya and Revell and of course i darkening and highlightening( hope this word is correct english ) the colours.

Here we go

comp_dscf2024jnk8l.jpg

comp_dscf2025amksr.jpg

comp_dscf20261hkci.jpg

comp_dscf202757k5w.jpg

comp_dscf2028znjkm.jpg

comp_dscf2029fdk6o.jpg

comp_dscf2030hpj6o.jpg

comp_dscf2032xhjjz.jpg

comp_dscf20332ljin.jpg

comp_dscf2034znk8j.jpg

comp_dscf2035r7kni.jpg

comp_dscf2036t2key.jpg

• Like 40

Thank you Yetifan

as you can also see, the white marks on the board tools, like hammer, saw, ax and shovel, every tank had his own colour of marks within the platoon, so it cannot exchanging with other tanks, and every crew is responsible for their tools

• Like 1

Thank you Hans, you want buy it? Hehehehe😉

hello Andy, youre so right , the best examples are your works, what one can do just with coulours, you are the master of colours and weathering, thank you for your kind comment

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

This is stunning - you’ve done a beautiful job of subtly shading and weathering the tank. It reminds me very much of Francois Verlinden’s work and he was a true master of his craft. I love it!

cheers,

Andrew 

• Like 1

Hi mates

thank you so much for your kind comments, i appreciated much.

Hi Soeren, well, i use different olive greens which i found in my stash, so it means i have used Tamiya, Revell, Humbrol, Vallejo and Gunze and lighten it with white and yellow or Buff, so you get different shades of olive greens. Instead of drybrushing, by the way, i honour Franqois Verlinden, he was my idol in the end of 70th and start of 80th, it makes me really sad what happened with his company, i used a small brush and paint the raised details straight with lighten colour, or mask different panels example on the skirts and airbrush it in light colour, i also used a fine hair net what girls put in their hairs, and airbrush through the net to get a different texture on the skirts, hope my english grammar is good enough that you understand what i mean.