Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - Handley Page H.P.42E by One Man Model (3D printed models) - in design

Recommended Posts

Toshihiko Shimizu from One Man Model is currently designing a 1/72nd Handley Page H.P.42E 3D printed model.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=946787702184228&id=100005590215920

Quote

[1/72 Handley Page HP42E or W 110$ plus shipping charge ]
I'm modelling fuselage mainly now!! It has full passenger cagin and openable door!! Of course, the shape has not finalized yet because I have just started modelling since yesterday.

 

51261426.jpg

 

51492991.jpg

 

V.P.

 

MattMemory2.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the developing state of 3D printing, I'll have to wait and hear what people say once they get ahold of copies. But I shore do luv me sum HP-42. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 11:22 PM, Kevin Callahan said:

Given the developing state of 3D printing, I'll have to wait and hear what people say once they get ahold of copies. But I shore do luv me sum HP-42. 

Makes me wonder why it has not been done in 1/72 before now? Probably not much call for one but l have always loved this early passenger plane . Just something about it lines etc makes it appealing to me

 

Hacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hacker said:

Makes me wonder why it has not been done in 1/72 before now? Probably not much call for one but l have always loved this early passenger plane . Just something about it lines etc makes it appealing to me

 

Hacker

Do I remember reading somewhere that the Airfix kit was originally intended to be 1/72, but 1/144 was chosen to keep in line with the other airliner kits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe someday. 20 years ago l would say no but now we got 1/32 Lancs and Liberators so anything possible

 

Hacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hacker said:

Makes me wonder why it has not been done in 1/72 before now? Probably not much call for one but l have always loved this early passenger plane . Just something about it lines etc makes it appealing to me

 

Hacker

A vacu kit was made by Contrail in 1/72.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, robertlundin said:

A vacu kit was made by Contrail in 1/72.

True but none in the mainstream mold injected

 

hacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I'd love to be proved wrong, compared to the demand for Lancasters and Liberators in any scale, the demand for a 72nd scale HP-42 is probably so small that 3D print would be the only sensible means to get one. I can't imagine any model company giving any serious consideration to even thinking about making one. I'd love to be proved wrong....

 

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would look nice in RAF colours for something a bit varied. Nice subject and scale too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Would look nice in RAF colours for something a bit varied. Nice subject and scale too.

 

Or this:

 

47085719292_6acf1ec224_b.jpg

 

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

As much as I'd love to be proved wrong, compared to the demand for Lancasters and Liberators in any scale, the demand for a 72nd scale HP-42 is probably so small that 3D print would be the only sensible means to get one. I can't imagine any model company giving any serious consideration to even thinking about making one. I'd love to be proved wrong....

 

Jeff

No argument here Jeff. Maybe the Airfix kit will resurface one day as part of the Vintage Classics range? Their HP 42 was not a bad little model 

 

Allan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it's not too bad. I bought another one recently after enjoying the Imperial Airways video on yuktube

 

 

Damn fine stuff

 

Jeff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×