1/72 & 1/48 - Handley Page H.P.42E & W by One Man Model (3D printed models) - released

Homebee

Toshihiko Shimizu from One Man Model is currently designing a 1/72nd Handley Page H.P.42E 3D printed model.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=946787702184228&id=100005590215920

[1/72 Handley Page HP42E or W 110$ plus shipping charge ]
I'm modelling fuselage mainly now!! It has full passenger cagin and openable door!! Of course, the shape has not finalized yet because I have just started modelling since yesterday.

51261426.jpg

51492991.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 11:22 PM, Kevin Callahan said:

Given the developing state of 3D printing, I'll have to wait and hear what people say once they get ahold of copies. But I shore do luv me sum HP-42. 

Makes me wonder why it has not been done in 1/72 before now? Probably not much call for one but l have always loved this early passenger plane . Just something about it lines etc makes it appealing to me

Hacker

1 minute ago, hacker said:

Makes me wonder why it has not been done in 1/72 before now? Probably not much call for one but l have always loved this early passenger plane . Just something about it lines etc makes it appealing to me

Hacker

Do I remember reading somewhere that the Airfix kit was originally intended to be 1/72, but 1/144 was chosen to keep in line with the other airliner kits?

3 hours ago, hacker said:

Hacker

A vacu kit was made by Contrail in 1/72.

• Like 1

As much as I'd love to be proved wrong, compared to the demand for Lancasters and Liberators in any scale, the demand for a 72nd scale HP-42 is probably so small that 3D print would be the only sensible means to get one. I can't imagine any model company giving any serious consideration to even thinking about making one. I'd love to be proved wrong....

Jeff

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, pinky coffeeboat said:

As much as I'd love to be proved wrong, compared to the demand for Lancasters and Liberators in any scale, the demand for a 72nd scale HP-42 is probably so small that 3D print would be the only sensible means to get one. I can't imagine any model company giving any serious consideration to even thinking about making one. I'd love to be proved wrong....

Jeff

No argument here Jeff. Maybe the Airfix kit will resurface one day as part of the Vintage Classics range? Their HP 42 was not a bad little model and, the general lack of rigging required makes it a lot more attractive as a biplane modelling subject

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 2

I've always wanted a 1/72nd scale H.P.42 so I'm tempted by this one. I do wonder how much prep work is necessary to remove the 3D printing artefacts. It's also not polystyrene plastic, so some sort of superglue or epoxy will be needed. Still...

Regards,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...